The New Raith Rovers Thread

He isn't a member and the banning order is up to the club.What about the other fans round that area who were out of order aswell whats being said about them.I know some of our lot act like idiots at times and they also know that when they do they get dealt with by me and the committtee .I am no trying to be an apologist but do you not think that if I thought any members were acting like what they are accused of then I wouldn't do something about it.I cant say the same for the whole raith support tho.
The banning order was by law actually. I will be taking the 6 month ban up with the club though. Ridiculous that they deem that acceptable!

Why are you defending him by portioning the blame onto the rest of the fans in the area? He was the only one who raised a chair, ever so eloquently. then attempted to lift a whealie bin on his road back. There were alot more idiots involved but no one else raised something that could be construed as a weapon?

Am I the only one seriously struggling to see anyone doing a Nazi salute in the videos or pictures?

It was witnessed at the time and as it is in the crowd I would think that it is really caught on the CCTV and not the highlight packages!!!

Amazing how a single defeat by East Fife seems to break the wee team support. Utterly mental stuff, you'd think you'd never seen your team lose before.

Exactly, if Dunfermline had that attitude to defeats from us they would have folded years ago!!!

How is a life ban from New Bayview a punishment?

Have you not seen how we've been playing recently???

I'd be distraught!!!

When we hadn't heard from Big Q in a couple of days I thought he had wisely read the comments and headed down the pub till it all blew over.  Instead he's back with some absolutely banging whataboutery and made up statements about official complaints. Tremendous.

Loving the "he's not a member" chat too.  Do Fife's Finest take in membership fees?

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

How is a life ban from New Bayview a punishment?

If that's the punishment for holding a chair above your head there I'll open a stall in the home end at the next game and rent one out. I'll clean up financially!

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Amazing how a single defeat by East Fife seems to break the wee team support. Utterly mental stuff, you'd think you'd never seen your team lose before.

I would guess that a fair proportion of our support had never seen us lose to East Fife before. I know I hadn't. Not that I felt compelled to launch a chair at anyone right enough,

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

It was witnessed at the time and as it is in the crowd I would think that it is really caught on the CCTV and not the highlight packages!!!

If this is what you're talking about you better get your witness to Spec Savers.

m4hbw3H.gif

If this is what you're talking about you better get your witness to Spec Savers.m4hbw3H.gif&key=e65522c7805a9f78c44366c89d1f37d8f9944428711b32dea789a44efe75a8ee

No, it happened during the McGlynn fracas, that footage is the end of the game!!!

If you trawl through the match thread, you'll see it was witnessed by Rover's fans!!!

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Am I the only one seriously struggling to see anyone doing a Nazi salute in the videos or pictures?

The boy doing the nazi salute was in front of me and it was aimed (I Hope) at the East Fife head of security who was strutting around like foghorn leghorn I cant possibly condone such an arseholes actions as an older member of the support i find it rather amusing that this has sparked such a vitriolic reaction......Having said that I remember when East Fife Rovers was "the" Fife Derby in the seventies and the shall we say "conflicts" between the support was at an increased level. I have a two inch scar on my forehead which was inflicted by an irn bru bottle that one of the "Buckhind Derry" wanted to share with me. I had just walked up the stairs at the Beveridge Park end when this kind individual shared his wares.....hospital.....stitched ....back for the last twenty minutes and missed all the action on and off the park. Derbys should generate emotions between the fans and bragging rights should be observed.....Dont want to go back to the seventies though.....keep the heed boys....

My 2 cents:

I'm all for fans being passionate in derby fixtures and whilst this game hasn't really had the same level of bite as games against Dunfermline (at least in my generation) it's certainly now made for an interesting fixture for the rest of the season. Having banter between fans is all well and good, I'm sure we can all agree that the wind up's each set of fans post on here and the verbal ping pong at games is just typical football fan behaviour and nothing personal, but when it extends to people being given banning orders for X, Y and Z then that's when the line has been crossed. 

I have no ill feelings towards EF, never have. I'd like to think as a group of fans they are people we could mingle with pre-match for a few jars and just talk football and have some friendly banter and after the game take whatever result on the chin. 

The unfortunate thing is it's not just one fan from Saturday that has let themselves and the club down there appears to have been several foaming at the mouth knuckle draggers that have let the occasion get to them and not have the ability to realise that it's just a game of football and not worth getting yourself in a state over. Over zealous security/stewards, a keeper giving it big licks, losing the game....whilst annoying is not worth getting yourself banned from games for. The way people were acting you'd think we were getting pelted by missiles from the EF end or if some EF fan had waded into the Rovers crowd and started slapping people about.