The New Raith Rovers Thread

Barry Smith in today's Courier.

Firstly, he was still under contract at Rovers when approached by Brechin.

“Brechin asked permission from Raith at the weekend to speak to me.

Due to contractual terms, Brechin still had to contact Raith but everything moved very quickly after that."

Secondly, there's a quote at the end of the article about being allowed to do his job properly.

Smith has kept his cards close to his chest over the exact reasons for leaving Raith at a time when they had just beaten Forfar 4-0 and were sitting joint top of the table.

He said: “When it comes down to it, it is in the past.

“After meeting the (Brechin) board on Monday night, they were really positive and I know they will allow me to do my job properly.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/759748/barry-smith-expresses-his-delight-at-becoming-brechin-city-boss/

Lads, did Ilian Kiriyakov play for ourselves in 2001?

I had it in my head we were supposed to sign him and it fell through, but that font of all knowledge, Wikipedia, has him listed as making 17 appearances for us.

What gives?

Is that the boy from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.???

5 hours ago, Beachbum said:

Barry Smith in today's Courier.

Firstly, he was still under contract at Rovers when approached by Brechin.

“Brechin asked permission from Raith at the weekend to speak to me.

Due to contractual terms, Brechin still had to contact Raith but everything moved very quickly after that."

Secondly, there's a quote at the end of the article about being allowed to do his job properly.

Smith has kept his cards close to his chest over the exact reasons for leaving Raith at a time when they had just beaten Forfar 4-0 and were sitting joint top of the table.

He said: “When it comes down to it, it is in the past.

“After meeting the (Brechin) board on Monday night, they were really positive and I know they will allow me to do my job properly.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/759748/barry-smith-expresses-his-delight-at-becoming-brechin-city-boss/

Does this mean we don't have to pay him anymore then?