The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 10/21/2018 at 14:46, Broken Algorithms said:

One notable thing from the warm up yesterday was with McGlynn sitting with our back four and playing high balls and one twos with them. It's good to see after some of the shambolic defending under Smith that it's something we're working on.

Smith did this exact thing  every warm up 

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

We played QoS at Starks on October 29th 2016, the week after we had pumped Falkirk 4-2 away from home. The crowd was 1244.

In fairness that game was live on BBC Alibaba with a 5.30 kick off. 

Probably took at least a couple of hundred off our gate and possibly as many as 100 Queens fans. 

I know it was a manky day on Saturday, but I was surprised at the drop off in our support. I know the Arbroath game was a top of the table clash and McGlynn’s homecoming, but Saturday was well down on the Forfar and Montrose gates. 

The Queens Park game last November was immediately after we were knocked out of two cups and pumped 3-0 by Ayr in the space of a week. 

At least we're honest with our gates - look at the Pars highlights from Saturday and tell me there was anywhere close to the reported 4400 crowd. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Probably took at least a couple of hundred off our gate and possibly as many as 100 Queens fans. 

I know it was a manky day on Saturday, but I was surprised at the drop off in our support. I know the Arbroath game was a top of the table clash and McGlynn’s homecoming, but Saturday was well down on the Forfar and Montrose gates. 

The Queens Park game last November was immediately after we were knocked out of two cups and pumped 3-0 by Ayr in the space of a week. 

At least we're honest with our gates - look at the Pars highlights from Saturday and tell me there was anywhere close to the reported 4400 crowd. 

They've been doing that for a while! They apparently count season ticket holders who don't turn up. In reality they didn't sell as much as they actually claim. 

Nice wee article about Graham Robertson on the Rovers website. I watched the reserve side fairly regularly back in the glory days of the mid 90s and Robertson scored for fun but just couldn't quite make the breakthrough at 1st team level.
Scored the winner in the fife cup final once maybe? Against a 3/4 strength dunfermline

They've been doing that for a while! They apparently count season ticket holders who don't turn up. In reality they didn't sell as much as they actually claim. 
Our board publicly said we'd be doing that this season. I'm not a fan of it, it's just another level of crowd w**k.

When the crowds fall to that 1000-1200 mark it’s usually a midweek game or there is some other factor. It wasn’t terrible weather on Saturday, so I’m assuming it was towards the end of the school holidays, not quite the end of the month, and everyone was skint.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Ross County are another club that inflate their crowds.Dont know why unless its an attempt to attract or keep sponsors

A good number of their sponsors are part of global energy group, which is run by McGregor. A club who've managed well above their means due to the oil business in the area.

On 10/21/2018 at 18:50, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

poor crowd yesterday.cant remember it being so low for a league game for a while.

I think the 2300 at the flyers top of the league clash may have had something to do with it sadly........... and i can see why watched the webcast fantastic stuff

I know a few folk who have given up the Rovers for the Flyers since they became an Elite League club again. Probably helps that Flyers are, well, flying.

When I say a few, I mean 4 people. And one of those only goes to Rovers/Flyers a couple of times a season these days.

PRIZES  RRFC FESTIVE RAFFLE £1 PER TICKET/£5 PER BOOK

1) 2 NIGHT B&B STAY 11 CADOGAN GARDENS + £200 CASH (SMALL LUXURY HOTELS OF THE WORLD)

2) 4 NIGHTS SELF CATERING FOR 5 AVIEMORE  (RAMSAY TRAVEL)

3) £100 VOUCHER (TEMPLEHALL CO-OP)

4) VINTAGE AFTERNOON TEA FOR 12 SANDWICHES/SCONES/CAKES (NEW YORK SANDWICH CO.)

5) £50 VOUCHER  (CHARLIE REID TRAVEL)

6) LEDAIG SINGLE MALT  (DAVID CODD)

7) GLENLIVET FOUNDERS RESERVE  (DAVID CODD)

8) £25 VOUCHER (MARKINCH CO-OP)

9) FOOT GOLF X2 (CLUNY ACTIVITIES)

10) WINE & CHEESE FOR 6 (BETTY NICOLS)

11)£15 VOUCHER (BENNOCHY CO-OP)

12) £10 VOUCHER (CADHAM CO-OP)

PLUS MORE TO COME FROM -SAINSBURYS,MORRISONS, KANGUS COFFEE HOUSE

RETAIL SITES SELLING OUR TICKETS

1) RAITH BARBER                                                                         13)LADBROKE (E/END HIGH ST)                             25) PREMIER NEWS (LINKS ST.)

2) NOVAR BAR                                                                              14) CO-OP KINGHORN

3) PREMIER NEWS (W/END HIGH ST.)                                      15) WEE SHOP (RAMSAY ROAD)

4) NEW YORK SANDWICH CO.                                                   16) CO-OP BENNOCHY

5)BETTY NICOLS                                                                           17) CHAPEL POST OFFICE

6) THE PATH                                                                                  18) CHAPEL TAVERN

7) PATHHEAD NEWS                                                                    19) CO-OP DUNNIKIER

8) CO-OP TEMPLEHALL                                                               20)   CO-OP MARKINCH

9) CO-OP LAUDER ST.                                                                  21)  MAN & BOY (ST. CLAIR ST)

10) KANGUS COFFEE HOUSE  (VICTORIA RD)                          22)  REXEL ELECTRICAL (KATHERINE ST)

11) RAMSAY TRAVEL                                                                    23)  WEAVERS (KATHERINE ST.)

12) LADBROKE (W/END HIGH ST)                                              24)  CO-OP DOLLAR RD BURNTISLAND

PLEASE SUPPORT THESE LOCAL BUSINESSES  BY BUYING OUR TICKETS & MORE. VOLUNTEERS WELCOME TO ASSIST IN OTHER AREAS.

On 10/23/2018 at 19:33, Scary Bear said:

I know a few folk who have given up the Rovers for the Flyers since they became an Elite League club again. Probably helps that Flyers are, well, flying.

When I say a few, I mean 4 people. And one of those only goes to Rovers/Flyers a couple of times a season these days.

As a sporting spectacle Rovers V Stranraer was not in the same class The Flyers game had skill, goals, fights ,player getting stitched on the bench and a momentous meltdown by the Panthers coach. Just superb to watch. I dont understand why the haters hate. I support both sports, in the town as do many Rovers fans whats wrong with that. The energy and effort cant be matched, It must have a reflection on our gate if a family go to watch them.

As a sporting spectacle Rovers V Stranraer was not in the same class The Flyers game had skill, goals, fights ,player getting stitched on the bench and a momentous meltdown by the Panthers coach. Just superb to watch. I dont understand why the haters hate. I support both sports, in the town as do many Rovers fans whats wrong with that. The energy and effort cant be matched, It must have a reflection on our gate if a family go to watch them.

What's entertaining about watching someone sit down on the bench getting stitches?

28 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Each to their own, but anyone who chooses ice hockey over football should be banned and never ever let back.  

Im a langtonian i want the rugby club ,cricket club, chess club, and whoever represents us to win. I have been a Rover and a Flyer for many years and i know a great many of us who are, whats wrong with that. Its bad when your trying to make a rivalry between two entirely different sports in the town. The high attendances at the Ice Arena has to reflect on our attendances for family entertainment,  many mums and dads cant afford both. If we were out of the seaside league and successful, our crowd would dwarf the flyers ,but thats not the case as it stands just now, the entertainment factor in the arena being a top of the table clash on Saturday, meant Flyers had an attendance double ours. And like it or not thats a fact.