The New Raith Rovers Thread

Afraid not, I heard that Silva played in goal and Hendry was also playing but no more details.

Predictably, Nisbet scored the goal. Started with 2 trialists both who were brutal, one was so bad he got hooked after just 30 minutes the other came off just after half time. All the young boys (McKay, Berry, Watson, Valentine, Stevenson) got at least 30 minutes each. Those regarded as ‘first-teamers’ all played at some point except Vaughan and Wedderburn who were carrying knocks. The goal and better play from Raith occurred after half time when the trialists were replaced. Falkirk who played their first team squad (most played at least a half each) were awful, hardly had a shot on goal and was clear to see why they are bottom of their league. McKinnon has a massive job on his hands there.

RRFC Festive Raffle launches Saturday -lots of prizes. As costs also donated , all proceeds go to Rovers. Volunteers selling as usual plus plenty of retail outlets inc Co-ops involved. Only £1 so buy some & try to sell some around your circle. 

I see Christian Nade is on the front of The Sun today talking about trying to commit suicide whilst he was playing for us in December 2014. Says that he was supported at the time by Grant Murray and “club bosses”. I’m glad he’s getting the help he needs and is showing some serious courage coming out and speaking publicly about it.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I see Christian Nade is on the front of The Sun today talking about trying to commit suicide whilst he was playing for us in December 2014. Says that he was supported at the time by Grant Murray and “club bosses”. I’m glad he’s getting the help he needs and is showing some serious courage coming out and speaking publicly about it.

Fair play to him, like you say can’t have been an easy thing for him to do. 

Just shows that you never know what is going on behind closed doors, Nade always seems a confident, happy larger than life character. Strange to think he was scoring the winner for us at Ibrox only a number of weeks later.

Glad the club supported him properly at the time and hopefully he is still getting the help and support he needs elsewhere after his recent troubles.

Edited by R.R.FC

The Club can confirm that we have reached amicable terms with Kevin Cuthbert to terminate his contract. He has now left the club. We thank him for his 4 years of service and wish him well for the future.

I, like many others, think he has let his pride rule his brain on his decision this time.

5 minutes ago, rrfsee said:

The Club can confirm that we have reached amicable terms with Kevin Cuthbert to terminate his contract. He has now left the club. We thank him for his 4 years of service and wish him well for the future.

I, like many others, think he has let his pride rule his brain on his decision this time.

Got to agree.  Even if he has aspirations of managing he'd have been better staying and learning from McGlynn and Smith and gaining more experience.  He hasn't been coaching for that long and while there may be potential there his interim spell showed he has a lot to learn yet.  Good luck to him whatever the future holds.