The New Raith Rovers Thread

In the interview with the two appointees and the chairman. I  think the chairman said that they came to a decision to give Cat three weeks to see how it turned out for him. Unfortunately, things didn't go his way and after that John and Paul were invited. One other thing I really do hope that a position within the club could be found for Cat as he has always been there for us.

Why and when? I really don't get this false love for him as if we're desperately holding onto him as a hero. He was there for us when we got relegated from the championship in spectacular fashion and apparently had a go at Hughes, he was there for us in a coaching capacity last season which everyone claims was a disaster and he was there for us this season as the shittest interim manager possible who thought one of the top goal scorers in Scotland was best suited at right wing back.

Pull your tongue out his arse and get rid of the guy. He's done nothing for this club except take a wage.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Cuthbert was to leave.  We don't even know if he is a good coach, just apparently a nice guy. We stuck by him through injury and offered him a coaching role. We owe him nothing.  It seems he believes he is the next big thing in coaching and too good to learn his trade further from two legends. Judging by the shambles of the last three games i think he should jump at the chance to shadow McGlynn for the next 18 months. 

Finally a bit of sense. Well said.

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Is callum crane the left back that played in the last league game against us?

Raith Rovers, 
Smith, Thomson, McHattie, Herron, Murray, Benedictus, Robertson, Vaughan, Court, Hendry, Furtado. 
Subs, Brian, Spence, Buchanan, Barr, Matthews, McKay, Zanatta. 

Alloa Athletic,
Parry, Taggart, Crane, Graham, McCart, Fleming, Cawley, Robertson, Stewart, Kirkpatrick, Flannigan
Subs: Renton, Smith, Meggatt, Monaghan, Goodwin, Wilson

31 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Raith Rovers, 
Smith, Thomson, McHattie, Herron, Murray, Benedictus, Robertson, Vaughan, Court, Hendry, Furtado. 
Subs, Brian, Spence, Buchanan, Barr, Matthews, McKay, Zanatta. 

Alloa Athletic,
Parry, Taggart, Crane, Graham, McCart, Fleming, Cawley, Robertson, Stewart, Kirkpatrick, Flannigan
Subs: Renton, Smith, Meggatt, Monaghan, Goodwin, Wilson

Typing yes would have done

Is Anthony McDonald at Hearts a likely target? Kirkcaldy-born, made a string of 1st team appearances for them last season but not getting much action this term.

Midfielder which may not be what we think we need but would seem prime McGlynn.

Or Harry Cochrane to help toughen him up?

I would take either of those players in a heartbeat.

Can’t see either dropping to League One though.

If it's true that Gillespie is out for months and that Matthews is also injured then we definitely need a midfielder in on loan 

This will be McGlynn's first test:

You are facing a midfield injury crisis and sign a promising youngster from a Premier League club. Do you:

a) give him a chance to show what he can do straightaway.

b) drop arguably your most talented forward player into the midfield role - the loan player will have to bide his time.

c) roll back the years and push Davo into that central midfield holding role he occupied in the glory days.

Well Wardy, looks like you may be able to get the champagne out[emoji1]. A very good and reliable source who works at Celtic has said McGlynn will be announced as Raith’s new manager within the next 48 hours - we will see!!!!!!

Same Celtic source - Regan Hendry (nickname given by Celtic coaches as “flatter to deceive” - which has merit when you think of it, despite all the panty wetting he never scored or created a single goal in his last spell at Raith) signing on loan for Raith tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

Same Celtic source - Regan Hendry (nickname given by Celtic coaches as “flatter to deceive” - which has merit when you think of it, despite all the panty wetting he never scored or created a single goal in his last spell at Raith) signing on loan for Raith tomorrow.

hopefully true thought he was a good player can see why they say that though but I'm sure john will sort him out

34 minutes ago, Daysgoneby said:

This is old news. We've known about this since the night McGlynn signed. Come back when you have something decent.