The New Raith Rovers Thread

@Wardy have you been keeping the two of them in a basement and feeding them dripping sandwiches since they left? He maybees has no hair (and we don't care) but if he gets any bigger McGlynn will get his own postcode and we will need bigger dugouts :lol:

SWMBO wasn't impressed when I suggested we cancel out holiday so I could go to Dumbarton to see the return of the King (BTW, does that make Smudger his Queen? just asking like) but apparently she wasn't impressed. I'll post some pictures of the bruising when I get back from A&E.

Looks like I'll have to wait until the Stranraer game to re-witness the baseball cap in action.

Was thinking of running a poll on Smiths' facial hair, wondered if the ladees like it or not (or some guys), hope his return to the Rovers isn't a mid-life crisis too.

Having watched the Raith TV interview and listened to the Rock Sport interview I'm feeling positive about McGlynn, although worried about the state of our current injury list. 
It will be interesting to see who be brings in. He mentions speaking to someone at Celtic and also contacts at other clubs, of which I would assume Levein is an obvious assumption. He did well by us when he was at United and McGlynn was in charge.
You got a link to the rocksport interview?

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
50 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Having watched the Raith TV interview and listened to the Rock Sport interview I'm feeling positive about McGlynn, although worried about the state of our current injury list. 
It will be interesting to see who be brings in. He mentions speaking to someone at Celtic and also contacts at other clubs, of which I would assume Levein is an obvious assumption. He did well by us when he was at United and McGlynn was in charge.

It might be here.

https://www.rocksportradio.co.uk/podcasts

Happy for you guys as I know how big a legend McGlynn is at Starks. Unsure if he's the right guy for you but at least he's a fan favourite and no one can get on at the board if it doesn't work.
Most fans seem on board with his appointment with just a few murmurs of you should never go back etc. I think having watched many a gutless performance the past few seasons getting someone in who was known for his throw everything at it attitude, that he expects from his players as well will see us good. It's hard to argue he didn't do a great job in his last stint, losing out on the league to yourselves wasn't even that bad considering we had punched well above our weight that whole season. Although Simmons at lm and mcneil starting in goal was his biggest mistakes as a manager Imo.

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

https://www.rocksportradio.co.uk/podcasts

Tuesday's talking football. I think it's about 30-40 minutes in.

Listening to his interview on the OS the biggest thing he said to me was the need to get video analysis back. I wasn't aware we'd stopped that...was that a decision by Smith or the board?

Sounds like he's learned more especially since being at Celtic. By god the players will realise how much of a holiday it's been working under Smith by the end of this week.

Listening to his interview on the OS the biggest thing he said to me was the need to get video analysis back. I wasn't aware we'd stopped that...was that a decision by Smith or the board?

Sounds like he's learned more especially since being at Celtic. By god the players will realise how much of a holiday it's been working under Smith by the end of this week.
They were apparently running through brick walls for cat... Hope their ready to see what that actually means.

7 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I recall in one of Smith's interviews that they'd had a really good facility for that at Michael Woods but were struggling to find the same space/equipment at Starks

21 minutes ago, renton said:

I recall in one of Smith's interviews that they'd had a really good facility for that at Michael Woods but were struggling to find the same space/equipment at Starks

Difference being Smith strikes me as the type of guy that will just moan about it, while Mcglynn will be out sourcing a JVC Handycam second hand from Lennoxtown and just cracking on with it. 

Great interview and it just shows you how much we've missed his general enthusiasm about the day to day task of working with the players.