The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cuthbert player under Billy Stark at St Johnstone, might he (61 yrs) be the older and wiser head that we could be looking for?

Cuthbert & Stark or McGlynn and Cuthbert ?  I think we could certainly do a damn sight worse!

Mind you I would still have liked to see Jim Duffy or Danny Lennon come in but I just can't see it happening.

That's 3 games for the cat and absolutely fucked all 3 of them thank you but no thank you.

The board need to get someone in pronto. Stop fucking about hoping a cheap promotion from within will do because it clearly fucking won't.

At this stage whoever the winning manager in the testimonial is can get the gig.

Can Cuthbert realistically come back into the fold as an assistant/coach after all of this? Despite the players coming out and being all pally with him and wanting him as the manager, surly they must know the writings on the wall for him. And going by his interviews, I'm sure he'll let them know what he feels about them and their performance.

Can Cuthbert realistically come back into the fold as an assistant/coach after all of this? Despite the players coming out and being all pally with him and wanting him as the manager, surly they must know the writings on the wall for him. And going by his interviews, I'm sure he'll let them know what he feels about them and their performance.
Was thinking the same today. He'll be a goner. Can't see how he would integrate now.

If Cuthbert wasn't going to play Watson it would have been simpler and more effect to play Davidson at right back and play McKay and Benedictus in the middle and leave Murray at left back. That way Wedderburn would have been free to play against their very combative midfield, it would have allowed Flanagan to move much further up the park and it would also have released Vaughan to move play up front with Nisbet.

As it was that was a shambles of a line up.

Edited by Beachbum

Cuthbert to be appointed on Monday with the board claiming the players are right behind him and he was unlucky in the last match with the injuries.

Shambles of a club top to bottom with the blame for everything lying right at the feet of the board. To not even interview a manager yet is honestly embarrassing.

Starting to see it being less and less likely that Duffy would take the job. The fact that he was on Sportsound again today kind of shows his interest. If he was keen I'd have at least thought he'd want to come and see what he has to deal with.

Allan Moore was supposedly meant to be in the main stand today. Wonder if his Raith TV interviews will be enough to win over our fans... [emoji849]