The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 hours ago, donny86 said:

Calm doon Martin / Eric

Pretty much assure you it's not Eric, though it does strike a resemblance to a Rovers fan called Martin I came across a few years back. Seemed to have 'developmental issues' possibly OCD or Asperger's based.

You cannot win an argument because they cannot fathom the fact that they may be wrong, so there is no point arguing with SH, best to just ignore him. He wont get any better but it's a lot less hassle.

What's the story between Cuthbert and John Hughes? 
Haven't heard it and genuinely interested. 

Well there was supposedly a bust up in the changing room after we were relegated between the 2 of them where Cuthbert told Hughes what he thought of him.

Everyone then seemed to fall in love with Cuthbert for this as he was standing up to the guy who basically slated the players for being shite, even though they were shite, and for 60% of the season the fans were also slating them for being shite.

Some stories claim that he had Hughes up against the wall and others have it that Hughes basically told the players that it was all their faults and not his to which Cuthbert stood up to him.

5 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Pretty much assure you it's not Eric, though it does strike a resemblance to a Rovers fan called Martin I came across a few years back. Seemed to have 'developmental issues' possibly OCD or Asperger's based.

You cannot win an argument because they cannot fathom the fact that they may be wrong, so there is no point arguing with SH, best to just ignore him. He wont get any better but it's a lot less hassle.

That's not nice. You should never ignore someone with a disability.

This strikes me as a pretty crude and clumsy post. That doesn’t sound like a particularly tolerant attitude you have towards those with mental disabilities. You’re probably one of those disgusting fans who were ridiculing the disabled gentleman up at Dundee United last season.

37 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Well there was supposedly a bust up in the changing room after we were relegated between the 2 of them where Cuthbert told Hughes what he thought of him.

Everyone then seemed to fall in love with Cuthbert for this as he was standing up to the guy who basically slated the players for being shite, even though they were shite, and for 60% of the season the fans were also slating them for being shite.

Some stories claim that he had Hughes up against the wall and others have it that Hughes basically told the players that it was all their faults and not his to which Cuthbert stood up to him.

John Hughes is an absolute backside of a guy who played a major role in you guys being relegated. Something he'll never admit.

Whatever Cuthbert did makes him a good guy in my eyes.

John Hughes is an absolute backside of a guy who played a major role in you guys being relegated. Something he'll never admit.
Whatever Cuthbert did makes him a good guy in my eyes.

Hughes didn't help the situation too much but I can see a degree of logic in his argument. He'll kick himself for taking the job under the circumstances that we were in at the time. No transfer window a very poor team, a key player on loan to a relegation rival and coming in behind a manager who seemed to be well liked by the players yet completely useless at his job.

The approach that Hughes took to managing us didn't galvanise the players and backfired. But his managerial credentials are good enough for him to be able to pass the blame from his shoulders on to a team who really did look like they would happily be anywhere else other than in a Raith top.

Maybe Cuthbert did give him his personal opinion on what he thought of Hughes and some of it may well have been justified, but there were plenty of other players in that dressing room that were equally, if not more, deserving of hearing some home truths.

1. Hughes didn't help the situation too much but I can see a degree of logic in his argument.

2. The approach that Hughes took to managing us didn't galvanise the players and backfired.

3. But his managerial credentials are good enough for him to be able to pass the blame from his shoulders on to a team who really did look like they would happily be anywhere else other than in a Raith top.

1. Hughes didn’t help the situation by going in and deliberately dropping barr just because he held a grievance.

2. That part is true

3. They would have been happier anywhere else than in a raith top because they were subjected to the clueless locke. We went from September to February? Without a win. That damages confidence. then had hughes who instead of trying to sort things tactically just blamed the players for every defeat.

Won’t lie, when hughes came in and got a couple of home wins, thought he may have been the right man for the job and situation. Slowly became clear that he wasn’t.

Hughes didn't help the situation too much but I can see a degree of logic in his argument. He'll kick himself for taking the job under the circumstances that we were in at the time. No transfer window a very poor team, a key player on loan to a relegation rival and coming in behind a manager who seemed to be well liked by the players yet completely useless at his job.

The approach that Hughes took to managing us didn't galvanise the players and backfired. But his managerial credentials are good enough for him to be able to pass the blame from his shoulders on to a team who really did look like they would happily be anywhere else other than in a Raith top.

Maybe Cuthbert did give him his personal opinion on what he thought of Hughes and some of it may well have been justified, but there were plenty of other players in that dressing room that were equally, if not more, deserving of hearing some home truths.
We had a good enough team to stay up, even without Vaughan. Hughes came in and lambasted the players because he didn't have a clue how to sort it out. It's the same way butcher did things at hibs...

Cuthbert did what any leader would do in that situation and it is to his credit he did that. Stop being a bellend and give credit where its due.

Didn't Superhans say Vaughan was better off being sold, only for him to score a barrow load of goals. Hopefully it has a similar effect on Cuthbert's reign.

Yes I did and still think we should have sold him when he had more value. As it turns out, the ludicrous argument that he was the player to win us the league last season was utter shite. As I pointed out several times.

We had a good enough team to stay up, even without Vaughan. Hughes came in and lambasted the players because he didn't have a clue how to sort it out. It's the same way butcher did things at hibs...

Cuthbert did what any leader would do in that situation and it is to his credit he did that. Stop being a bellend and give credit where its due.

What credit does Kevin Cuthbert actually deserve? All he did was supposedly stand up to John Hughes after we were relegated. Granted he was injured for a large part of that season but that's all he did.

I really don't get this love in for 'Cat'. He's genuinely done little to nothing for the club since he got here except for the rumours of standing up to John Hughes and taking a wage.

Joined the club in a very bland Grant Murray season, was part of the team that finished 4th (not bad), 23 games the season we got relegated and then took on a coaching/assistant manager role last season which everyone seems to claim was a complete disaster.