The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hang on - the board have done video interviews to the tune of about 2 hours in the last few months. Say what you want about them but being open to the fans isn’t a criticism you can level at them.

Whilst tip toeing around every question asked and providing no meaningful substance to any answers... How refreshing.

Dunno if Petrie would fancy the gig at Stark's when the Dunfermline job might be coming up quite soon.
If the Raith job was part-time I reckon he would be up for it,dunno if the pars would go for him be loads of interest in that job.

Say one thing for Cat, he's giving the best Raith TV manager interviews we've had in a while. He's articulate, passionate, considered and, I think, honest. I think Ross Cty was a reaction, Brechin was very publicly demonstrating he wasn't afraid to change it and Montrose is a good chance to complete the set - win, lose and draw. Full house. Be interesting to see how Petrie sets Montrose out on Saturday as he's one I quite fancied to take over.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

People always seem to turn their nose up at the older steady non spectacular boys but I’d be keen for Duffy if I was a Rovers fan. Sort of hope it is one of the ‘riskier’ younger options from an Arbroath point of view.

exactly mate, we need a manager who will get us up this year and keep us in the championship next year, we dont need the next pep or jose

On 9/18/2018 at 17:51, virginton said:

'Imagine' being the operative word in that sentence, as in reality there'd be no fucking point in tying down a Scottish football manager to a contract if he was free to go to any full-time club. You'd be writing off any chance of compensation if he succeeds while still having to settle the remainder of the contract if he's a dud. 

"Imagine"  Historical nonsense [that] underpins UK’s Brexit floundering irishtimes.com/opinion/histor…

Say one thing for Cat, he's giving the best Raith TV manager interviews we've had in a while. He's articulate, passionate, considered and, I think, honest. I think Ross Cty was a reaction, Brechin was very publicly demonstrating he wasn't afraid to change it and Montrose is a good chance to complete the set - win, lose and draw. Full house. Be interesting to see how Petrie sets Montrose out on Saturday as he's one I quite fancied to take over.

I remember reading Fantalk shortly after Hughes got the job and there were people on there calling for three year deals on the basis of his Raith TV interviews. Not sure they’re really relevant to be honest - Locke did a fair interview too, albeit certainly he isn’t as articulate as Cuthbert is.

But he still played our top scorer at wing back, dropped our best CB this season simply because he’s young and has a pumping and a disappointing draw on his record. I like him but I think he’s a big and needless risk at this moment in time.

6 hours ago, Holy Marv said:

£60k for McKinnon! Hope he is worth it for them. Agree with Renton and others, don't think Cuthbert is ready for the job yet, needs another 4 or 5 years experience as a coach or Assistant before he takes the big chair. Clarke got lucky at Huddersfield, he has been crap everywhere else. Not interested in Duffy, too old school and not sure if he will give the young lads a fair go. Not sure about Lennon, I'm still not convinced about him. Sheerin might be a good shout from the coaching side of things, not sure if he has built up a wide enough set of contacts for bringing players in though, probably the best option IMHO.

To be honest, glad I'm not on the BoD and having to make the decision

I remember reading Fantalk shortly after Hughes got the job and there were people on there calling for three year deals on the basis of his Raith TV interviews. Not sure they’re really relevant to be honest - Locke did a fair interview too, albeit certainly he isn’t as articulate as Cuthbert is.

But he still played our top scorer at wing back, dropped our best CB this season simply because he’s young and has a pumping and a disappointing draw on his record. I like him but I think he’s a big and needless risk at this moment in time.
I didn't say give him the job because he comes across well on camera. I just said he interviews well on camera.

I didn't say give him the job because he comes across well on camera. I just said he interviews well on camera.

Based on what? I think he comes across a bit of an idiot. Tries a bit too hard and seems to contradict himself a few times trying to justify his changes and ludicrous formation.

38 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Based on what? I think he comes across a bit of an idiot. Tries a bit too hard and seems to contradict himself a few times trying to justify his changes and ludicrous formation.

Steady now.

He has his own duties to perform and now he has to take on Barry Smith's work as well and you expect him to be instantly media savvy?

4 hours ago, SuperHans said:

As opposed to contradicting yourself trying to justify ludicrous postings?