The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Any reason Raiths reserve team have been battered by those giants of Stirling and Berwick?
Tonight Albion Rovers reserves who's first team can't buy a win are 4/9 to beat raith

team is very young and has some fife elite players in it who are probably still at school

I really fear that they may be holding off hoping we get a convincing win on Saturday and hope this makes the news of Cuthberts appointment more palatable. 

Could well be the fact there maybe are some financial issues still being worked out. Especially if there are certain areas of Barry Smiths contract needing sorted first.

There's plenty that could be going on but I doubt the BoD would be willing to hold off making an appointment on the basis of waiting and seeing how the interim guy gets on.

It's looking more and more likely that the club are struggling to find the right candidate though. There's a fine line between taking time to go through each one and struggling to pick the best out of a bad bunch. I'd have thought that if they had a clear idea of the person they wanted, he'd at least be in the door by now.

23 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Id imagine with Lennon anyway, that there would be a deal in his contract that if a full time team came calling, he could leave.

'Imagine' being the operative word in that sentence, as in reality there'd be no fucking point in tying down a Scottish football manager to a contract if he was free to go to any full-time club. You'd be writing off any chance of compensation if he succeeds while still having to settle the remainder of the contract if he's a dud. 

'Imagine' being the operative word in that sentence, as in reality there'd be no fucking point in tying down a Scottish football manager to a contract if he was free to go to any full-time club. You'd be writing off any chance of compensation if he succeeds while still having to settle the remainder of the contract if he's a dud. 

It’s a very fair point, but then it’s also the way we got Barry Smith from East Fife.

All shite this rumour and conjecture, nobody here actually knows what the f**k happened or what the f**k is happening now, we will get who the board can afford and who will be the biggest asset to the club within the given budget. Until then, haud yer wheesht and see what happens.

I've seen worse lists than that tbf.  Duffy is the leading candidate for me.  I know he isn't on everyones short list but Lee Clark at this level should do a job.  Sheerin has had success at Arbroath and 4 years coaching at Aberdeen.  Robson and Cuthbert both risks but who knows it might pay off.  Could be alot worse.