The New Raith Rovers Thread

57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Tonight the board will be deciding who makes the final shortlist for interviews. Then next Monday the board will meet to decide who will be given the task of contacting the applicants and setting up the interviews.

If all goes to plan the new manager will be ready for unveiling at this year's Hall of Fame night in November.

This better be a fucking piss take ! 

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind Hartley.  Won promotion from all 3 lower leagues before. 

The past few years its clear he's struggled but he's a better shout than some of the names going about. 

I wouldn’t mind him either, but one of his objectives would be ‘go on a diet you fat c**t’. He’s let himself go. I can empathise but if you are managing athletes you should probably try and keep some level of fitness yourself.

Hartley, Lennon, McGlynn and Duffy have all managed to get teams promoted from this league to the Championship.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't mind Hartley.  Won promotion from all 3 lower leagues before. 
The past few years its clear he's struggled but he's a better shout than some of the names going about. 

My worry is that he's in a pretty similar situation as Locke was when he came to us. A guy who's really messed up in recent years and found himself out of a job but would possibly be very happy to jump back into it to show his abilities.

For me that's too much of a risk. Granted Dundee haven't kicked on drastically since he left but his recruitment when he took on the Falkirk job and then this summer with absolutely heehaw to show for it, shows he's messed up somewhere. The idea is nice and I hope the BoD have the ability to see past him as a 'big name' and look closely at where and why he failed in his last 2 posts.

I wouldn't see this as too hard a job for anyone coming in, Cuthberts shown that making sweeping changes to selection and tactics doesn't work. Look at the team and set up from the games we've won (Forfar and Stenny) and play to the strengths. We just don't want anyone coming in immediately and trying to out their own stamp on the team e.g. what Stubbs tried to do with St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

My worry is that he's in a pretty similar situation as Locke was when he came to us. A guy who's really messed up in recent years and found himself out of a job but would possibly be very happy to jump back into it to show his abilities.

For me that's too much of a risk. Granted Dundee haven't kicked on drastically since he left but his recruitment when he took on the Falkirk job and then this summer with absolutely heehaw to show for it, shows he's messed up somewhere. The idea is nice and I hope the BoD have the ability to see past him as a 'big name' and look closely at where and why he failed in his last 2 posts.

I wouldn't see this as too hard a job for anyone coming in, Cuthberts shown that making sweeping changes to selection and tactics doesn't work. Look at the team and set up from the games we've won (Forfar and Stenny) and play to the strengths. We just don't want anyone coming in immediately and trying to out their own stamp on the team e.g. what Stubbs tried to do with St Mirren.

He's nothing like Locke to be honest, as he has had something that resembles some sort of reasonable success in his managerial career. 

He's not my first choice at all, but I don't think it would be a disaster. 

I'd take Lennon in a heartbeat to be honest. 

I wouldn’t mind him either, but one of his objectives would be ‘go on a diet you fat c**t’. He’s let himself go. I can empathise but if you are managing athletes you should probably try and keep some level of fitness yourself.

Hartley, Lennon, McGlynn and Duffy have all managed to get teams promoted from this league to the Championship.
In fairness I don't think fergie was bothered about keeping in shape in his 60s while winning titles.

Hartley seems to make enemy's everywhere he's been. I wouldn't touch him.

Does Clark not have a similar reputation aswell?

My personal preference out of the names that's been put forward would probably be Mcglynn or Lennon. Whether either would be realistic or not is debatable. Whoever it is needs to come in and hit the ground running so I reckon it will be someone with experience the board go for rather than a novo, donati type (thankfully)

In fairness I don't think fergie was bothered about keeping in shape in his 60s while winning titles.

Hartley seems to make enemy's everywhere he's been. I wouldn't touch him.

Does Clark not have a similar reputation aswell?

My personal preference out of the names that's been put forward would probably be Mcglynn or Lennon. Whether either would be realistic or not is debatable. Whoever it is needs to come in and hit the ground running so I reckon it will be someone with experience the board go for rather than a novo, donati type (thankfully)

Hartley isn’t in his 60s. He is 41 years old.

Who is he enemies with? Did he fall out with his gym? He should fall out with the baker, the fat c**t.

I also want Lennon or McGlynn but I’d take anyone who has got a team promoted from this level.

Hartley isn’t in his 60s. He is 41 years old.

Who is he enemies with? Did he fall out with his gym? He should fall out with the baker, the fat c**t.

I also want Lennon or McGlynn but I’d take anyone who has got a team promoted from this level.
You get my point though. I'd rather a good manager than one with glistening hot abs (although both are preferable)

Enemy's was probably the wrong way to put it. He's not known for his man management skills would probably describe it best. Does seem to fall out with players and lose the dressing room almost everywhere he's been.

I hope the board don't decide to hand a two year deal to whoever we do appoint. I'm sure Gillespie is on a one year deal with an option for a second year if we gain promotion. That's the way it should be handled.

I'm not against us going down the road of giving someone his first crack at management if they have a credible coaching CV (messrs Novo N, and Donati M, need not apply) but if we are going to go down the experienced route then Lennon looks about the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. No idea if we would be due compensation, if he is even interested, as that would presumably be a deal breaker. The same would apply with the likes of Petrie no doubt.

I'm not against us going down the road of giving someone his first crack at management if they have a credible coaching CV (messrs Novo N, and Donati M, need not apply) but if we are going to go down the experienced route then Lennon looks about the best of a pretty mediocre bunch. No idea if we would be due compensation, if he is even interested, as that would presumably be a deal breaker. The same would apply with the likes of Petrie no doubt.

Id imagine with Lennon anyway, that there would be a deal in his contract that if a full time team came calling, he could leave.

Id imagine with Lennon anyway, that there would be a deal in his contract that if a full time team came calling, he could leave.
Looking at what he's said, he's happy at Clyde. Seems to have a good relationship with the chairman and he's probably of an age where if your happy in your work you won't take as big a gamble as it would be coming to us.

Looking at what he's said, he's happy at Clyde. Seems to have a good relationship with the chairman and he's probably of an age where if your happy in your work you won't take as big a gamble as it would be coming to us.

He’s been quite clever with what he’s said. He’s basically said what Clyde fans/his boss wants to hear at this present moment but then said he still has ambitions to getting back into full time so not completely shunning the possible opportunity if we came sniffing around.

He’s been quite clever with what he’s said. He’s basically said what Clyde fans/his boss wants to hear at this present moment but then said he still has ambitions to getting back into full time so not completely shunning the possible opportunity if we came sniffing around.
I agree, he has said the right things for all party's. He is someone iv always thought could do well with us and I wanted us to hire him when we were looking a few times in the past.

Has there been any news out of todays board meeting?