The New Raith Rovers Thread

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's Clark, not Clarke.

I'm a bit touchy about stuff like this what with all the recent postings from Frank Conner.

Agreed. Disrespectful to a former Kilmarnock manager and indeed their current one to spell his surname incorrectly. 

So I take it from his interview that Danny Lennons out of the running or pushing our BoD for a better deal to turn his head? That's assuming he's on the shortlist of course.

Nachos appearance worryingly could confirm he's actually on the list along with Cuthbert. I wonder if there's going to be any news tonight or we'll have to wait for Thursday.

So I take it from his interview that Danny Lennons out of the running or pushing our BoD for a better deal to turn his head? That's assuming he's on the shortlist of course.

Nachos appearance worryingly could confirm he's actually on the list along with Cuthbert. I wonder if there's going to be any news tonight or we'll have to wait for Thursday.

Or covering his back in case he doesn’t get the job?

I very much doubt that Novo would be on the shortlist. He would have been there on Saturday to try and impress the board to show how professional and keen he was in an attempt to try and get his foot in the door.

Are we not down from the list of 40 to 10 or 12? If they'd contacted the candidates to let them know that they were on the list or not then surly it would have been a wasted journey if he already knew he wasn't on the list of 10-12?

I too seriously doubt we will be interested in Novo, I'd like to think we will very soon be talking to the likes of McGlynn, Duffy and Lennon, possibly even Hartley but I have a gut feeling that some or all of those will not be on the lists of who've applied or who the BoD are interested in. The prospect of  Lee Clark coming floats my boat even less than the thought of Hartley coming in.

After the last two games, I feel Cuthbert will only get the job if there's someone strong and experienced coming in to mentor him.

We are looking for a safe pair of hands and Duffy, Lennon or McGlynn fit that criteria best imo.

Because he took on clubs that were on the downward spiral. I watched the Killie v Falkirk play off final. Falkirk were very strong that season. But Lee Clarke’s Killie were better. Unfortunately he went to beleaguered clubs. I’d definitely give him the chance

Clark’s only achievement as manager is going on an unbeaten run at Huddersfield. Considering that’s also Barry Smith’s only achievement from his time at Dundee, I think we should pass.

A 43 game unbeaten run spread over two seasons.
The first of those seasons they went 25 games unbeaten and still weren’t promoted.
In the second season they went the remaining 18 games unbeaten and he was still sacked not long after Christmas.

It’s a no from me.

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Can't wait for Saturday the 6th of October 3.45 pm and the whole of the South stand yelling as one "Change it McGlynn" :lol:

Change it when we’re 4 nil up?

Itll be “John McGlynn’s Barmy Army” that will be heard. 

Edited by Wardy

Tonight the board will be deciding who makes the final shortlist for interviews. Then next Monday the board will meet to decide who will be given the task of contacting the applicants and setting up the interviews.

If all goes to plan the new manager will be ready for unveiling at this year's Hall of Fame night in November.

36 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Tonight the board will be deciding who makes the final shortlist for interviews. Then next Monday the board will meet to decide who will be given the task of contacting the applicants and setting up the interviews.

If all goes to plan the new manager will be ready for unveiling at this year's Hall of Fame night in November.

Given how thin the criteria to enter the Hall of Fame has been getting in recent years, they’ll probably be inducted at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I DEMAND THAT THE BOARD IS SACKED! 

Me too!

I demand they are sacked on the strength of the appointment they have not yet made!

And the next one after that too!