The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think the BoD are at least trying to get some confidence back into their abilities by taking their time and not jumping in.

Ironically it seems that Kevin Cuthbert tried too hard yesterday and mixed it up which ended up with a formation that even the players looked a bit confused with. His interview is spot on when he says the players gave everything and I'd agree. Frustratingly I think if he stuck with the same team and shape as Forfar and had his pressing influence then we'd have won yesterday. But we had guys well out of position and struggling to get into the game. Fair play to Cuthbert though, he's doing everything himself so must be hard.

Players giving everything should be a given to be honest. If we want to get out this league we need to show a difference in quality and again yesterday that wasn't there. A team giving everything but lumping the ball up in the air against two massive Centre backs isn't going to do us much good. 

Cuthbert isn't even a cheap option. Even if he was to be appointed, there would be a desperate need to appoint some kind of support structure. He's literally having to do everything which given we had 4 coaches last season is absolutely outrageous. 

He was spoken to twice by the ref yesterday, what on earth would we have done if he found himself sent to the stand? 

47 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I think the BoD are at least trying to get some confidence back into their abilities by taking their time and not jumping in.

Between Yogi going out and Barry Smith coming in 17 days. Bear in mind when Yogi was appointed he stated that it was only until the end of the season. So the board ,had in effect, a few months to decide their direction. The chairman has also stated that this is a " new board" and don't want to make same mistakes as previous boards. Only time will tell.:whistle

10 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Danny Lennon was asked about the job after our game yesterday. Obviously he's hardly going to turn round and say he's fucking off to Raith Rovers but he was speaking very highly of the chairman at Clyde and seems to be happy where he is. You can listen here

From a Clyde perspective, what sort of a job is Lennon doing there? Is he held in high regard? Obviously he's turned things around but with a player of Goodwillie's ability available I would expect you to be up there near the top.

Yesterday's result wasn't a bad one, but it's the lineup that causes me concern. Yes the system was unfamiliar, but there is no excuse for players being made to play out of position when we aren't in the grips of an injury crisis. 

All for the manager making changes if he believes it is best, but the formation has to suit the players that are available for selection. If the players are not available, change it to something else. This is something Barry Smith was guilty of and I fear Cuthbert may fall into a similar trap.