The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Can you not form your own opinion or maybe think for yourself? 

Does Matt Elder phone you to tell you to go for a shite? 

Nah, he Tweets a reader's poll of what time the fans think is best for his shite instead.

I will when I actually know who is on the shortlist don't get upset just because I didn't agree with your view .

Why are you even posting on here?

During a time where the club is managerless, it’s only natural that fans of that club are discussing and giving their opinion on who they want to be appointed.

For some reason, that’s really annoying you and I’m not sure why.

23 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why are you even posting on here?

During a time where the club is managerless, it’s only natural that fans of that club are discussing and giving their opinion on who they want to be appointed.

For some reason, that’s really annoying you and I’m not sure why.

People can post what they like it's certainly not up to you.

Are you saying all 40 applicants will be shite, or just that our Board won’t pick the best candidate?

It’s fairly obvious that some of the applicants may be ex-players as they will have at least heard of Raith Rovers, possibly follow events around them and may still live relatively local. Micky and Dair both fall into that camp.

‘w**k socks’ - is this 14 year old you again?

Im not saying that all 40 will be shite (hopefully not anyway) but what I am saying is I think we have some kind of delusion of grandeur when it comes to who we think we can attract to the club at this moment in time.

It's fair to assume that locally based ex players and managers may well have thrown their hats in the ring but there always seems to be a clamour for these 'local hero's' whenever we're looking for a new manager. Sometimes the rose tinted glasses fail to highlight potentially stronger candidates. McKinnon was hardly a club hero although he was an ex-player but sometimes having someone coming along with no ties or connections give a more refreshing look on things.

Managers talk to each other, people will obviously be asking questions like "why did Smith quit when he was joint top of the league with no defeats?" Rumours circulating about breaches of contract regarding budgets and not been given support when signing players etc.

I said it before when we were relegated and looking for a new manager and I'll say it again, we really need to manage our expectations a bit better.

57 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

I will when I actually know who is on the shortlist don't get upset just because I didn't agree with your view .

Upset? I'm absolutely raging and still waiting on the cat landing. 

Well done, Frank. Well done. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Mcglynn is up there in the legend stakes for me, especially when you consider the mess the club was in when he found it. 

I'd hate anything to sour that though.  

I was the same with Dalziel but I genuinely think McGlynn would sort us out. 

Not sure there’s any delusions of grandeur. The last few years have been an absolute shit show at Rovers. There’s a demoralised support and our player budget is vastly reduced.  

Having said all that, we are the only full-time team in this league and have proven that, if managed properly, we can compete reasonably well in the Championship. If you’re an out of work manager in Scotland with a belief in your own abilities then it’s no great surprise that you’d think ‘aye, I could turn them around’.  And if you do succeed then there’s always the potential of a bigger club and bigger wage around the corner. Full-time positions working in Scottish football management aren’t exactly abundant so I think that alone would make most potential candidates overlook any downsides of coming to Kirkcaldy. 

Edited by roverthemoon

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:25, kev23 said:

Do we have any more news on the David McGurn testimonial? It just seems like it's been flung out there to get everyone back on side.

I get we've got a game on the 23rd but it all seems very quiet.

http://www.raithrovers.net/36696/david-mcgurn-testimonial-match.htm

The club is skint just now. So any new manager coming would have to accept the same wage Barry smith was on. So that would probably rule out some more experienced managers. I think the club will go with cuthbert as they can’t really afford anyone else.

Interesting post on Fantalk:
"I heard last night that the reason for our negotiates with Smith were due to a stipulation in his contract regarding an agreed budget. When he didn’t get the funds he was promised, he left, citing that the club were in breach of contract. That’s where the negotiations have come from, the club are trying to reach a settlement without having to pay up his full year that was left on his deal"
Any other club I wouldn't believe it but with the ex board members involved in giving the contract to Smith I can't say I'm surprised if this is true.

Calderwood is still around, unfortunately he is suffering from the horrendous illness that is Alzheimers and in all seriousness, I feel for his family.

Anyhoo, back to the managerial merrygoround, I could win the fekin league with the squad we have, we don't need a Mourinho or Guardiola at this level, just someone with balls to go out and win it. What is important however, is what that person does next year when we are in the Championship and how he, or she, contributes to the rebuilding of the club going forward.

2 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Calderwood is still around, unfortunately he is suffering from the horrendous illness that is Alzheimers and in all seriousness, I feel for his family.

Anyhoo, back to the managerial merrygoround, I could win the fekin league with the squad we have, we don't need a Mourinho or Guardiola at this level, just someone with balls to go out and win it. What is important however, is what that person does next year when we are in the Championship and how he, or she, contributes to the rebuilding of the club going forward.

The need to mention Calderwood and that c**t of a condition was what exactly ?