The New Raith Rovers Thread

And even if Italians did care and it did ‘raise our profile’ in Italy, what benefit would that bring to us?

Will we start shifting thousands of replica shirts in Italy? A few hundred more subscribers to Rovers Abroad? A bus running from Rome every Saturday?

7 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

And even if Italians did care and it did ‘raise our profile’ in Italy, what benefit would that bring to us?

Will we start shifting thousands of replica shirts in Italy? A few hundred more subscribers to Rovers Abroad? A bus running from Rome every Saturday?

Maybe the Italian Coldplay fan club will look to buy tickets for this gig they are playing at Starks Park?

4 hours ago, mr mince said:

Had the same weird feeling. Also glad I could quote somebody else instead of him to say that.

Forfar game was the first one in ages where I didn't lose interest before my 6yr old.

That line just sums it up for all fans of diddy clubs when the rollercoaster is bumping along the bottom for too long.

You jest, but now we have a pitch capable of hosting such a concert.
Chris (and the Italian Coldplay fanclub) is just waiting on the call....
We don't, we would need platforms to go on top of the pitch.

Finally seen the light my friend. Welcome to 'the other side'.
Shut up ya erse.

Just getting a wee feeling that Donati, whilst putting his future managerial career on the line, could certainly be a bit of of a plus for the club, certainly in terms of profile both her and back in Italy. I really couldn't countenance someone like Duffy, too old school and not in touch with modern football, I'm sure McGlynn has learned a lot form Rodgers and the Celtic connection could also be to our advantage.
I think raising the profile of the club will be part of the appointment and I can understand that, I actually have a bit of faith in the squad we have to show enough to win the league this year, and it will be up to the new manager to take us beyond that.

I don’t understand this point about not in touch with modern football. Dundee utd fans cried out for Ian Cathro for years because he was a modern manager etc. Hearts eventually got him and he was fucking shite. Now they are back with that old dinosaur Levein and doing pretty well.

Football is a pretty simple game especially at this level. Fair enough getting deeper into it at the level of Man City with Guardiola. But players at this level are pretty limited so no need to over complicate it as seems to be the way with a lot of modern coaches these days

I didn't realise Raith fans were complete mentalists until I saw them talking up Donati as their next potential manager and in the same breath, completely dismissing the likes of Duffy.

Maybe Dundee will beat us to the punch and re-hire Jim Duffy. Barry Smith as assistant?

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I didn't realise Raith fans were complete mentalists until I saw them talking up Donati as their next potential manager and in the same breath, completely dismissing the likes of Duffy.

not all of us mate, I only want to see Donati at Starks as an opposition player

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Maybe Dundee will beat us to the punch and re-hire Jim Duffy. Barry Smith as assistant?

Potentially. I can assure you he'd be a much less laugh out loud candidate than Donati would be though.

Potentially. I can assure you he'd be a much less laugh out loud candidate than Donati would be though.

I haven’t noticed much support for Donati being our next Manager. That said, as with most first time managers, he could be a hit or a miss. Jim Goodwin seems to be second favourite with our fans (after Duffy) and he was an untried manager before he went to Alloa. It doesn’t seem any more laughable than appointing Neil McCann as manager.

My preference is Danny Lennon. Ticks two boxes: ex-player and past record of managerial success at this level.

Yeah judge Cuthbert on a single game in a competition we're not fussed about at a club in the league above us a few days after the manager's shock resignation. Really objective. Who do you think these experienced, been there before, know their stuff managers are? Look up the ladybird book of dinosaurs and start there.

I hope you were there at the game. We moan about Barry smith not having a plan B, cuthbert has no plan A. Didn’t know how to affect the game or change things so we could get a foothold. An inexperienced manager once the season has already started is too big a gamble. But aye, I’ll grab that book you suggested... moron

I hope you were there at the game. We moan about Barry smith not having a plan B, cuthbert has no plan A. Didn’t know how to affect the game or change things so we could get a foothold. An inexperienced manager once the season has already started is too big a gamble. But aye, I’ll grab that book you suggested... moron
Ooh, get you!