The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, renton said:

Flanagan wouldn't get anywhere near a McGlynn starting 11 - too wingery. 

In fairness though, the way we played against Forfar it was a pretty fluid front line - almost a 3 at times. 

Aye well he’s only there until January. So it’s all good. :lol: 

Nisbet, Flanagan and Duggan as a front 3 sounds promising. 
Vaughan in the number 10 role, with Gilliespie and Wedderburn behind. Usual back 4 and keeper.  Leagues ours. 
80E7098F-22B3-4F37-98DA-96E0F493FC03.jpeg.4acdf82e650792c16eda3699c12604e7.jpeg

Would agree with that if Wedderburn was replaced by Matthews, as Nat is so slow, cumbersome & immobile in midfield he just slows everything down. Playing him at Centre Back is more suitable as per the recent Forfar game, especially as Bene looks so out of sorts this season.

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Lee Clarke’s Thrown his hat in the ring for the job. 

Can't say I have much idea on his style of play - track record is obviously blotchy (otherwise he wouldn't be putting his name in for us) think I have a visceral reaction against anyone with a Killie connection thanks to Locke. 

Mixed managerial record for Clark. Did decent at Killie and had a great record at Huddersfield but Birmingham, Blackpool and Bury were all poor although all 3 had bigger issues off the pitch which wouldn't have helped. Been out of work for a year though so have to question why nobody else has given him a chance.

1 hour ago, Daysgoneby said:

Would agree with that if Wedderburn was replaced by Matthews, as Nat is so slow, cumbersome & immobile in midfield he just slows everything down. Playing him at Centre Back is more suitable as per the recent Forfar game, especially as Bene looks so out of sorts this season.

Just what we were saying on the way back from Dingwall, that he can't jump and isn't running well.  Perhaps he's carrying / protecting an injury?

Edited by Scottydog

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Danny Denholm quoted McGlynn in his blog recently saying he thought he was a top guy but didn't like wingers. He also said "Hard work and running covers a multitude of sins" which is the most McGlynn thing ever.

Most probably to Graham Weir on a daily basis 

Edited by pantene proV

Clarke brought in a full squad of under 23 players from down south in England did he not? Don't know how he'd fair up with the players and squad size we have.

If Robsons a serious contender then I'm more inclined for someone like him to give it a go. If he wants a job in management then he's not going to pick the first one that comes his direction. So if he is considering us then it must look attractive. He's a well connected and respected guy in the game. He's played under some great managers and is working with a man that's worked and continues to work wonders at Aberdeen. His lack of experience is something we would have to sacrifice but his playing career speaks for itself and he's a proven leader.

That being said, is Barry wants to come back then I'd welcome him back and hope that Fife's Finest prepare a banner with an apology on it.

Robson has absolutely no senior management experience and we absolutely have to go up this season. We can't afford a manager to have time to bed into the job, we need somebody to hit the ground running straight away. 

Every appointment is a gamble but a completely untested manager is too risky in my view. 

21 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Robson has absolutely no senior management experience and we absolutely have to go up this season. We can't afford a manager to have time to bed into the job, we need somebody to hit the ground running straight away. 

Every appointment is a gamble but a completely untested manager is too risky in my view. 

I guess the flip side of that is that experienced managers are only available when:

1. They've fucked up really badly, recently.

2.  They've been left behind by the game.

(Assuming we aren't head hunting a guy in a good job elsewhere)

Edited by renton