The New Raith Rovers Thread

To take your mind off yesterday's humping, Stark's Park from the air August 2018.

Genuinely hat’s off to whoever’s drone was used for that, cracking wee video. Starks Park is truly stunning, just a shame the team is pish haha!
Really hope the hierarchy has been in discussions with potential gaffers over the weekend. The likes of Novo, Donatti and Robson can all “get ti” in my opinion. Jim Duffy for me. McGlynn would also be fine, but doubt that will happen - sorry Wardy!

Heard yesterday that two of the applicants have been interviewed. No names mentioned well they were but I keeping my mouth shut and let superhans tell you. No it wasn't him that mentioned the two person's. Also, although I doubt it Stevie Crawford has chucked his hat into the ring as I say that source is usually a slavering git.

51 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Genuinely hat’s off to whoever’s drone was used for that, cracking wee video. Starks Park is truly stunning, just a shame the team is pish haha!
Really hope the hierarchy has been in discussions with potential gaffers over the weekend. The likes of Novo, Donatti and Robson can all “get ti” in my opinion. Jim Duffy for me. McGlynn would also be fine, but doubt that will happen - sorry Wardy!

B0458315-3BF7-42DF-9551-E96A80F8B058.jpeg

9 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Heard yesterday that two of the applicants have been interviewed. No names mentioned well they were but I keeping my mouth shut and let superhans tell you. No it wasn't him that mentioned the two person's. Also, although I doubt it Stevie Crawford has chucked his hat into the ring as I say that source is usually a slavering git.

zicoromaines?

10 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

A few cars in The Strathearn hotel car park on Friday with personalised number plates. Say no more. 

For consistently honest (and cohesive) post match interviews try Gary Naismith's

All learnt on EFTV, his postmatch interviews were a continual delight as he called a spade a spade, accepted blame when it was his to accept, didn't lie and if things were shite, say they were shite, his honesty was a refreshing change and an oddity, they were always worth watching!!!
Although it's got to be said he did learn some interview etiquette, if they are still available on EFTV you should check his really early interviews, probably the first couple of months, and it was again something you wouldn't be used to in managerial interviews. The number of times he would either pick his ears, nose or even food out of the back of his teeth while talking was quite mesmerising, the occasional belch was not uncommon either. Naysmith Bingo was a popular game at the time, a full house ending on a burp meant you had to down the whole pint!!!

Just now, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, Ebanda said:
True story:
John McGlynn phoned me at home to discuss the young player of the year.
It was between Mackie and Laidlaw. Mackie won. 

Whatever happened to mackie? Think he was on loan at Berwick a couple seasons back?

He went to Hibs, on loan to Edinburgh City, now back at Hibs.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

He went to Hibs, on loan to Edinburgh City, now back at Hibs.

You're thinking of Sean Mackie, Zen. 

@zicoromaines bet it was a male who is/was involved with a Scottish club at some point. He may or may not have hair and possibly wears glasses. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

I'll wait until a poster with credibility comes along saying they've heard that we've interviewed. Utter bizarre behaviour from people probably trying to come across as billy big bollocks. Theres an etiquette with sources, and generally the people who shout loudest tend to know f**k all.

It's almost as cringy as when you'd get lasses on Facebook posting passive-aggressive drama for attention.