The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not losing much sleep over yesterday's performance as I don't think it's representative: You only have to look at Danny Denholm's blog to understand that for many players, this cup is held in no higher regard than it is by fans. With that in mind, a less than 100% commitment to the cause, on the back of a fairly trying week for the club was bound to have an effect.

Cuthbert may not be the man for the job (may not eve want it at this stage) but at the same time the Fizzy cup is hardly a fair job interview. Guys not trying the length of themselves for a shitty cup game is not a new phenomenon. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

We have to make the right choice and quickly. Just watched the highlights and couldn’t believe that abject performance. Ross County utterly tore us apart. Kevin Cuthbert is not the answer. Good guy, but as a stand alone manager with no assistant will be devastating for our chances of promotion. I really hope the bean counters don’t skimp too much on wages for the manager. The old saying “you get what you pay for” springs to mind

Are you for real?? It was one fucking game. If we won would you be saying we have to keep him? 

I’m not saying we should keep him either but not based on one game in the cup. Jesus Christ. 

They better appoint McGlynn this week. 

Are you for real?? It was one fucking game. If we won would you be saying we have to keep him? 
I’m not saying we should keep him either but not based on one game in the cup. Jesus Christ. 
Cat with mcglynn as assistant till the end of the season?

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:
26 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Cat with mcglynn as assistant till the end of the season?

Other way round, but that double act I’d be happy with. 

Really don’t think McGlynn is a feasible option. He’s got the cushiest of cushy jobs at Celtic, I can’t see how he’s going to see us as a more attractive proposition. If we’re going down the bald manager who’s been there and done it your looking at Duffy and Houston (if interested).

Really don’t think McGlynn is a feasible option. He’s got the cushiest of cushy jobs at Celtic, I can’t see how he’s going to see us as a more attractive proposition. If we’re going down the bald manager who’s been there and done it your looking at Duffy and Houston (if interested).

McGlynn doesn't strike me as the type to hold on to a cushy job rather than take a challenge. That said, I don't think it will be him, but we could do much, much worse.

Not fussed about going out from this cup. I am fussed about the team being 5 down after 40 minutes and quite clearly not giving a single shit, with a group of fans who had spent a good amount of time travelling. 

Cuthbert was absolutely raging, and he doesent seem the type to get raging.  

Cold light of day, not too worried about yesterday. Obviously a bit alarming to lose five goals, especially in 24 minutes (!), but not necessarily an issue if we just put it behind us. We won’t play anyone as good as Ross County this season, we won’t play any more matches that mean as little, forget about it and move on.

Got to be working on the assumption Cuthbert will be the manager for Brechin, unless the board meeting tomorrow identifies a unanimous candidate. Hopefully yesterday was more a reflection on the players and the general malaise around the tournament than his leadership.

I'm still happy enough with cuthbert for the time being. He's said the right things and done the right things in prepping for yesterday but the players for one reason or another haven't done as asked. Hopefully see a massive improvement next week cat will have all week to implement his ideas so won't have any excuses (other than lack of help)

I don’t think Cuthbert is the man for the job (at this time anyway) but I tell you what, that post match interview is the best and most honest manager interview I can ever remember. 

Well done Kev for not hiding behind excuses and cliches. 

26 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I don’t think Cuthbert is the man for the job (at this time anyway) but I tell you what, that post match interview is the best and most honest manager interview I can ever remember. 

Well done Kev for not hiding behind excuses and cliches. 

For consistently honest (and cohesive) post match interviews try Gary Naismith's