The New Raith Rovers Thread

Chairman saying he agreed to give funds to Barry to sign a player, he had identified someone on Friday and was due to speak to them on Monday but then tendered his resignation Tuesday. Absolutely sounds like the player he's identified hasn't been to Sim's liking and he's pulled the funding. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Chairman saying he agreed to give funds to Barry to sign a player, he had identified someone on Friday and was due to speak to them on Monday but then tendered his resignation Tuesday. Absolutely sounds like the player he's identified hasn't been to Sim's liking and he's pulled the funding. 

Thought much the same but if that is the reasoning behind all this  why did the chairman not say in the interview as sure him and Sim would be in regular contact with each other

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Aye Barry probably wanted to bring in another goalkeeper in case Wright and Thomson got injured again. Probably. 

6BEFD141-F8BD-4C25-99E0-8F585808AFF3.jpeg

The most interesting point in that interview is when he says Smith had basically becoming increasingly unhappy at the club. To be honest he might have been upset and moving back from a facility like Michael Woods to Starks but he should have been grateful to have still been in a job as most managers would've been sacked at 5pm following the 3rd Alloa match.

Good riddance is all I can say. All this talk about bringing in a player but we have no idea who it is. If it's some 34 year old right back like Gary Irvine thank god we put a stop to it. As others mentioned he wanted to bring in the Bulgarian defender from Dundee when we had McKay and it took him about 2 months before he finally had no other option. If Sim had told him to make better use of our youth set up then good.

Unless Smith comes out and tells us why he’s left we’ll never know. The ‘speculation’ on a signing being blocked by Sim raises some interesting points from that interview though. If true either Clarke never knew this or he’s telling fibs about not knowing why Smith left. I’d be very surprised if Sim wouldn’t have made Clarke aware he was blocking the new signing and I’d be surprised if Smith wouldn’t have made it clear to Clarke when handing in his resignation the reasons why if it was due to that.

Can anyone confirm if John has contacted the club yet? 

Hall of Famer, winner, loved by the fans. Chance to work with players he saw come through such as Matthews and Vaughan. Just bring him home FFS. 

He’d win us this league no bother. 

Interesting that Smith had obviously stated that he wasn't happy about leaving Michael Woods. I'll take Clark's word on the matter which makes me even more concerned about why someone who was in the position that Smith was in to suddenly decide to leave. He's either had enough or he's seen something that he's not happy about and made a choice to protect himself and a career that isn't exactly one that will have him knocking back jobs at a higher level than he already is.

With the Morton job being taken today that only leaves the St Mirren job and I'd very much doubt he'd be anywhere near the running for that.

6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
14 minutes ago, Wardy said:
Can anyone confirm if John has contacted the club yet? 
Hall of Famer, winner, loved by the fans. Chance to work with players he saw come through such as Matthews and Vaughan. Just bring him home FFS. 
He’d win us this league no bother. 

John who?

5B0CE5DE-97CC-4AC5-9C2C-8A3DA7B853FC.jpeg