The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Aye but that tenner could go towards a player. Or maybe towards the injury costs.. :lol: 

Take off the £4 that goes to Aberdeen and deduct the £1 vat from the £6 left, bear in mind the floodlighting is the same tonight as for a full house, and it's safe to say tonight's proceeds won't be funding many signings. 

Remember the good old days when we used to get fined for fielding a weakened team in this cup? 

Just now, grumswall said:
14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
That's a lol. 

That's an unbiased view.

It's also an utterly wrong view, I've got an unbiased view of Queens Park but if I was to suddenly say they should be challenging for the Premier league title it wouldn't then make it a fact would it? 

28 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Our first team tonight with only Bene being rested. :lol:

Absolute Shambles from Smith yet again.

Only decent thing is Thomson and Duggan back on the bench.

27 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Near enough our strongest available 11. We are a shambles. Barry Smith is an absolute moron at times.
We might win 5-0 but one injury to anyone will cause a ridiculous amount of seethe.

I know we don't have a massive amount of options but surely at the very least Berry, Stevenson and Valentine should have been starting. I would also have involved Jack Smith as well. 

I know we don't have a massive amount of options but surely at the very least Berry, Stevenson and Valentine should have been starting. I would also have involved Jack Smith as well. 

Jack Smith is injured.

Not the team I’d have picked, seems very harsh on Berry and Stevenson especially. I’d also have looked to rest Watson/McKay.

Here’s to an injury-free evening.

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's also an utterly wrong view, I've got an unbiased view of Queens Park but if I was to suddenly say they should be challenging for the Premier league title it wouldn't then make it a fact would it? 

Not unreasonable though to suggest we should be challenging for a playoff spot, which is effectively mid table in the Championship. Didn't say we should be achieving it nor getting promotion, but should be in the hunt, like clubs with similar or smaller supports have done. Oh, and we did as well.  

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Not unreasonable though to suggest we should be challenging for a playoff spot, which is effectively mid table in the Championship. Didn't say we should be achieving it nor getting promotion, but should be in the hunt, like clubs with similar or smaller supports have done. Oh, and we did as well.  

Yes you have done in the past, but based on your crowds you aren't in the top 16 teams in Scotland so why would  you expect to be challenging for the playoffs? In the current championship you'd have larger crowds than Alloa, and similar crowds to Ayr and Qots, although of course if you were up Ayr wouldn't be... 

It's unreasonable to suggest that off the back of your crowds that you should be challenging for the playoffs, if the stars align and you get a good squad+manager then it's absolutely plausible you will of course, it's not massively above your level. How many times has that been in the past 20 years though? 3? I'm not entirely sure so I'll let a statto correct me on that one. 

I've got absolutely no qualms with the suggestion that Raith could challenge for a playoff spot, Livingston got promoted last year with two men and a dog in the home end, but the suggestion that you should be after a 1400 home crowd is pretty wild. 

With that said best of luck this season, miss you guys x