The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Are we using a different camera to film games this season? The footage seemed juddery and poorer quality than I’m used to. Watched it on my TV via chromecast so that might have had something to do with it.

I was thinking that last season as well to be honest, other teams footage seems to have come on leaps and bounds and now makes ours look pretty poor quality. 

Our filming and editing is as good or better than anyone out there but the quality seems to have suffered. 

Do we need new equipment or is it something to do with the quality of the upload?

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I was thinking that last season as well to be honest, other teams footage seems to have come on leaps and bounds and now makes ours look pretty poor quality. 

Our filming and editing is as good or better than anyone out there but the quality seems to have suffered. 

Do we need new equipment or is it something to do with the quality of the upload?

A new camera is being used.

Are we using a different camera to film games this season? The footage seemed juddery and poorer quality than I’m used to. Watched it on my TV via chromecast so that might have had something to do with it.
Aye , I noticed this as well watched the highlights on ma phone the video seemed brighter .

15 hours ago, Rovers2017 said:

Some scaff bumped my match program (I left it on the ground under the empty seat next to me as I had no pocket room available). 

If you are reading this match program thief, return the goods at the next home game, or else I'll probably do nothing. 

It'll be on Ebay this week. 

Minimum bid at least £25 given it was the first game on the astro, first clean sheet of the season, first dodgy penalty we've had in about 5 seasons and it doubles up as a diddy cup game. 

7 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

It'll be on Ebay this week. 

Minimum bid at least £25 given it was the first game on the astro, first clean sheet of the season, first dodgy penalty we've had in about 5 seasons and it doubles up as a diddy cup game. 

I'll arrange for a collection and bring my posse. I didn't even get a chance to read anything! 

Lets start off with credit where credit due. Pitch looked, and played superb! Also, fans app, apart from the few teething issues, is a nice wee addition.

After all the negativity surrounding these forums I was pleasantly pleased with our performance on Saturday - I thought we passed and moved the ball about well in spells. Team are still getting to know one and other, and after the injuries in preseason to half the team, it will take a few weeks for folk to get themselves up to speed. Buchanan, Milne, Wedderburn and Flanagan all look like they could do with a few more weeks game time and fitness.

Saying that, Flanagan for what we did see was excellent, and I look forward to see how well he can do when he is fully fit. Gillespie and Nisbit played well, and and the defence were fairly solid. Milne also looked decent when he came on.

Will be interesting to see what BS's first 11 is when all fit. Vaughan and Duggan to come back in up front, Milne getting fitter by the game, and RT due back in a week or two as well. Could be a strong squad once we get everyone back, although I would like to add another 1 or 2 in on loan if we can get them, however it appears unless the gates are bigger than they were Saturday, it isn't going to happen. I fear we'll need to struggle by until Jan, and hope we get a big cup tie to foot the bill for a couple of additions come January, assuming we are in a place to challenge.

16 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I thought the pitch looked superb as well, very pleasantly surprised. 

If it keeps up like that then certainly a major improvement. 

Agree with this. Didn't think there was any difference between grass or our pitch. I can't recall a single awkward bounce you usually see with the plastic pitches. It'll be hugely beneficial during the winter if we can have it available, and should help both ourselves and opposition teams rather than having a pitch which is cut up.

I might be crowd wanking but less than 600 at both Arbroath and Dumbarton, two teams who you’d reckon will be up there come the end of the season. I was surprised we managed to muster 1400 considering the doom and gloom after the league cup performances. Decent attendance all things considered.

I might be crowd wanking but less than 600 at both Arbroath and Dumbarton, two teams who you’d reckon will be up there come the end of the season. I was surprised we managed to muster 1400 considering the doom and gloom after the league cup performances. Decent attendance all things considered.

No way there was under 600 at Gayfield, number that clicked through the turnstile been skewed by the open day and people getting ST’s bought.

Raith crowds are very good though. Should really be challenging for a play off place in the league above, but here we are. You’ve got atleast one more season in this division because of yer man Barry Smith.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

No real surprise at our end, our home crowds have been absolutely woeful for about 2 seasons now and our attendances were saved by travelling supports last year. Remove them and replace them with 80 coming from Forfar instead and you end up with a sub-600 crowd.  I'm not even sure we've sold 300 season tickets this season.

To be honest I probably have should have put more thought into my post as I'm not really sure what type of crowds Dumbarton and Arbroath should be attracting. Arbroath brought a decent crowd to Starks last season so guessed they'd maybe one of the better supported teams in the league. There seemed to be a bit of 'feel good factor' in your respective threads (maybe less so for Dumbarton after Saturday) so assumed the attendances would have been up for last Saturday's games. Suppose it's the case for a lot of teams that if individual teams are doing well there might be a steady increase as the season goes on.  Stenny brought 41 supporters to Starks on Saturday so we're in the same boat with smaller away crowds. 

To be honest I probably have should have put more thought into my post as I'm not really sure what type of crowds Dumbarton and Arbroath should be attracting. Arbroath brought a decent crowd to Starks last season so guessed they'd maybe one of the better supported teams in the league. There seemed to be a bit of 'feel good factor' in your respective threads (maybe less so for Dumbarton after Saturday) so assumed the attendances would have been up for last Saturday's games. Suppose it's the case for a lot of teams that if individual teams are doing well there might be a steady increase as the season goes on.  Stenny brought 41 supporters to Starks on Saturday so we're in the same boat with smaller away crowds. 

Average over last few seasons been about 750, even when we had that disaster of a season and were 9th in L2 we were at 650.

Nowhere near Raith like.

Looking forward to Starks again, one of the best away days in the league.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Average over last few seasons been about 750, even when we had that disaster of a season and were 9th in L2 we were at 650.

Nowhere near Raith like.

Looking forward to Starks again, one of the best away days in the league.

Aye for the football casuals...

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Aye for the football casuals...

Actually thoroughly enjoyed that game and it's one of the few that sticks out the most from last season. The banter back and forward gave the game a bit of bite at least. Granted it's unfortunate that a couple of people had to take it to far (from both sets of fans) but it was handbags, from what I'm led to believe anyway. 

I've no doubt some of the 15 or so Arbroath fans I bumped into down the town that night post on here and if so, albeit incredibly pished, were sound enough to take me mocking them about the result well :P

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No way there was under 600 at Gayfield, number that clicked through the turnstile been skewed by the open day and people getting ST’s bought.

Raith crowds are very good though. Should really be challenging for a play off place in the league above, but here we are. You’ve got atleast one more season in this division because of yer man Barry Smith.

It's a collective failure. The players and management let us down, but we still took it far closer than it should've been. With that said, to bottle an 8 point lead to a team who had such defensive frailties was ridiculous. I don't want to think about if we don't get promoted. Hopefully we can get back up though. The plastic pitch is an investment for the club, and hopefully we'll see the benefits in the long term as for years the pitch at Stark's has been poor due to the drainage at the stadium. The frustrating thing is that in terms of our crowds, we've definitely got potential there for a larger fanbase. The Pars, Falkirk and St Mirren all draw in 3,000 plus, from towns of a similar size. On our final league game against Alloa, we got over 4,000 through the gate.

Commercially, the club seem to have turned a bit of a corner. Even the likes of the new matchday app adds a level of interaction which has been missing. It's something which is fresh and innovative, and gets people involved.  It'll be hard to sustain interest for the club, but if we can generate some momentum moving forward hopefully we can at least recover back up to the Championship and build on a solid foundation again.

Interesting to hear pre-match that the next phase of the ground redevelopment is a new club shop. I'm guessing we plan to stock it up sufficiently otherwise it's going to look pretty empty. Went in on Saturday and there didn't look to be many away tops left, no home tops, one hoodie and the rest looked like previous seasons training gear and old playing tops worn by previous players.