The New Raith Rovers Thread

33 minutes ago, batross07 said:

I would say it was a lot more than 3-5% of the time. I felt we played a lot of good football today. More so than last season. I am honestly baffled that you think last years performances were better than what was on show today.

Buchanan was frustrating to watch in the first half by repeatedly being called offside. But he did improve in the second half. I thought ross Matthews had a decent game also. Especially since he is continually being played out of position. I can only recall Wright being caught out for one cross in the second half, other than that he done fine with what he had to do IMO. So not really sure how he was being billy big boots as you put it? Does he have that tag because he comes from rangers?

What instructions were ignored?

You say I only focused on the negatives from your post, but that is because it was mostly negative comments

You talk some shite!

I thought by full time that 2-0 was probably about right, but it was only really the last 15 minutes or so that we really looked superior.

The first half was reasonably even, and I can’t say I was particularly impressed.

We probably got the rub of the green with the penalty and the cross which rebounded off the bar.

Likewise we were fortunate that McGuigan could only turn that chance into the post from close range, albeit the cross was fair flashed into him.

I kind of shrugged at the signings of Nisbet and Flanagan, but fair play to them.

Nisbet hasn’t really scored goals anywhere, but he’s doing fine for us, while Flanagan was excellent in fits and starts for us down the left.

Someone who provides the same kind of width down the right would be smashing.

Anyway, I’ve booked the open topped bus for May.

Some scaff bumped my match program (I left it on the ground under the empty seat next to me as I had no pocket room available). 

If you are reading this match program thief, return the goods at the next home game, or else I'll probably do nothing. 

Edited by Rovers2017

It's league one......in Scotland.we were never going to win league by playing pretty football week in week out,especially when considering how most teams set up against us.also players are playing at this level for a reason.we have to expect inconsistent performances,especially from the younger players.baffles me how negative rovers fans can b at times.new pitch,2nd game of the season and new players still finding there feet.id have taken four points outta 6 before a ball was kicked.looking forward to next week.

We are what we are, we aren’t a big draw for players. If we have no money to strengthen the squad then so be it. This is our level now. It’s up to the manager and players to get us out of the mire. I’m outspoken in many ways. But I’ve come to realise that this club is struggling to get the fans back on board. Usually I’m ecstatic about a Rovers win. But I was meh about it, the negativity surrounding the club has gone too far.

14 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Result flattered us, Buchanan was shite again 4 offsides in the first half, dwells on the ball and poor passing, slightly better when he came slightly deeper 2nd half. Matthews was awful looked scared of the ball and shirked all but one tackle that I remember. Gillespie is brilliant or woeful by equal measure. Nisbet needs more stenth, Watson will improve but needs to work on his crossing. Bene, McKay and Murray were solid enough, Flanagan, with the right service, will destroy defenses at this level, Wedderburn - no idea, can't work him out seems to take 30 mins to get into the game then can be as frustrating as Gillespie. Milne was better than last week when he came on. Wright nearly gifted a goal with sloppy play, he may have come from a big team but wee teams can still make him look a twat if he doesn't concentrate.

Stenny hit the woodwork a few times and probably had more shots on target than we did. I'm sure we will improve and if we can get through these next few weeks without any devastation we might be okay.

Not sure if it was the new surface but I wouldn't be surprised if Flanagan and Nisbet joined the injury list next week, Flanagan seemed to be struggling with a thigh issue and Nisbet was stretching his back just before the 2nd goal.

Fortuitous 3pts but taken gratefully

Non negative bits highlighted in green for you as you clearly missed them.

BBC stats have Attempts on goal Raith 8, Stenny 9, I was wrong to say we had more shots on target however so hold my hands up to that.

I stand by my OP and if you disagree then that is your prerogative, perhaps you were getting a pie when they hit the bar in the first half with a cross come shot, bloody sure everyone else in the south stand saw it judging by reactions..

I have no doubt this team will improve, when the pitch beds in and they slicken up a bit, if we keep the ball on the deck then I can see us doing pretty well.

I just called it as I saw it

We won and that's all that matters, frankly. Another 3 points next week and the league campaign is off to a good start. 

There are still questions, particularly concerning our away form, but we got the points yesterday when we really needed them. 

I've no idea how well/badly we played as I wasn't there, but we did what we needed to. We can improve I've no doubt, but at least three of yesterday's starters suffered disrupted pre-seasons with injuries and probably aren't at 100%. 

Getting the 3 points was a big relief. Hopefully the start of something better, because that's much needed. 

We won and that's all that matters, frankly. Another 3 points next week and the league campaign is off to a good start. 
There are still questions, particularly concerning our away form, but we got the points yesterday when we really needed them. 
I've no idea how well/badly we played as I wasn't there, but we did what we needed to. We can improve I've no doubt, but at least three of yesterday's starters suffered disrupted pre-seasons with injuries and probably aren't at 100%. 
Getting the 3 points was a big relief. Hopefully the start of something better, because that's much needed. 

I agree. We made numerous chances and when the injuries hopefully start to clear up then these chances will hopefully be converted goal ward

5 minutes ago, tagteam said:

Thanks to everyone that downloaded and used the new Matchday App at yesterdays game. The response was amazing, with a large proportion of the home crowd participating. We believe that this is perhaps the first time a professional sports club has incorporated digital interactivity with the fans during an actual game and are excited to see what else we can innovate with this approach!

It seems like everyone is enjoying playing the Roary Penalty game (some of the highscores are incredible) and we've already had requests to add a tank to the game ;-)

We did have a few minor issues on the day, the most obvious being the errors on the team sheet we were provided (bad data in, bad data out!) Be assured will be using the learnings from yesterday to make some small improvements as soon as we can and make the app even more fun.

We'll get an email address sorted with the club this week so that folks can send in suggestions for improvements directly for consideration. In the meantime we'll keep an eye on FanTalk and Pie and Bovril so feel free to post here.

If you find any bugs (broken, not working stuff) in the app then please tap on the settings icon on the main menu screen (top left) then tap the "email support" and send as much info on your problem as you can. Do include phone model if you can. Please dont use this email support for anything other than bugs though.

Thanks again and hope to see even more embarrassed man of the match prize winners in future!

The Tag Games team

App is fantastic. The penalty shootout is great. Any chance of introducing the choice of changing the tops Roary wears in the future? 

Thanks to everyone that downloaded and used the new Matchday App at yesterdays game. The response was amazing, with a large proportion of the home crowd participating. We believe that this is perhaps the first time a professional sports club has incorporated digital interactivity with the fans during an actual game and are excited to see what else we can innovate with this approach!
It seems like everyone is enjoying playing the Roary Penalty game (some of the highscores are incredible) and we've already had requests to add a tank to the game ;-)
We did have a few minor issues on the day, the most obvious being the errors on the team sheet we were provided (bad data in, bad data out!) Be assured will be using the learnings from yesterday to make some small improvements as soon as we can and make the app even more fun.
We'll get an email address sorted with the club this week so that folks can send in suggestions for improvements directly for consideration. In the meantime we'll keep an eye on FanTalk and Pie and Bovril so feel free to post here.
If you find any bugs (broken, not working stuff) in the app then please tap on the settings icon on the main menu screen (top left) then tap the "email support" and send as much info on your problem as you can. Do include phone model if you can. Please dont use this email support for anything other than bugs though.
Thanks again and hope to see even more embarrassed man of the match prize winners in future!
The Tag Games team

Any chance you could add a function where we vote on who to substitute off/on during the match?

Any chance you could add a function where we vote on who to substitute off/on during the match?
You don't expect Smith to be sitting looking at the app all game to see what half the idiots in the home support have deemed the boo boy for that week do you?

What could be added in that respect is guess the time of the sub. Usually fairly predictable with Smith though so think there will be alot get it right.

You don't expect Smith to be sitting looking at the app all game to see what half the idiots in the home support have deemed the boo boy for that week do you?

What could be added in that respect is guess the time of the sub. Usually fairly predictable with Smith though so think there will be alot get it right.

The majority of the people voted for Buchanan off for Milne which happened.

It’s Barry Smith we’re talking about here, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he had checked to see what the fans wanted beforehand :lol:

I wasn’t being serious 🤨