The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

I’ve downloaded the app. Seems not bad.

I especially like the squad listed :)

I presume reality will catch up soon enough.

Edit, I presume I've found an old app I never knew existed.

Edited by mr mince
Stupidity

I cannae be the only person who thinks getting the half time penalty comp back is a great idea? Or the run from the half way line and finish? Could be for everyone or just for kids. I took part in that when I was a wee scrote and it was some buzz getting to go on the pitch in front of the crowd, I’d go as far as saying it was a huge part in hooking me on the Rovers.

The current half time set up, albeit run by folk who care and are doing it for free, is pretty awful and has been much the same for years, now. The ad lib interview with whichever former player makes my toes curl. I’m not criticising and I’m sure others do enjoy it, I just feel as thought getting folk involved again at HT is the way to go.

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They need to do something about the half time game they have set up for the Roary club kids. Half of the wee guys can't even throw the ball far enough to reach the hoop.

The one who can should get to go in goals for the 2nd half.

Edited by renton

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I cannae be the only person who thinks getting the half time penalty comp back is a great idea? Or the run from the half way line and finish? Could be for everyone or just for kids. I took part in that when I was a wee scrote and it was some buzz getting to go on the pitch in front of the crowd, I’d go as far as saying it was a huge part in hooking me on the Rovers.

The current half time set up, albeit run by folk who care and are doing it for free, is pretty awful and has been much the same for years, now. The ad lib interview with whichever former player makes my toes curl. I’m not criticising and I’m sure others do enjoy it, I just feel as thought getting folk involved again at HT is the way to go.

Agreed. 

I took part in the penalties in front of over 6k at a Pars game and it was tremendous. 

When I got a bit older me and one of my neeburs used to bet 50p a penalty deciding who would score or not. 

Bring them back. Even open it up to older people. 

I'm sure Killie did a rolling jackpot where fan (maybe more than 1) selected a player from the youth team or the subs to try the crossbar challenge. I might be wrong but I'm sure the jackpot went up £50 each week until it had been won then just started again.

Apparently we have a couple of trialist options lined up for tomorrow. Did Jordan Hart ever sign for anyone? 

I think he went to Queens Park. Might be talking shite though.

As for the App, I’ve also downloaded. Great move for the club, very innovative, and so far it does seem very straight forward to use. I’m sure on Saturday there may well be teething issues as that’s the first proper hurdle. But still, brilliant from the club bringing something like this out.

As for loans, I’m not sure on Zanatta coming back, unless he was bang up to speed and had a solid preseason with Hearts. My summery of him; he was mince to start with, then got a good run of games towards the end of November and in to December, was bang in bang in form to play Ayr and then Big Avril brought him back to Hearts, we then got him back (i was buzzing we got him back), but then didn’t really perform to the standard he was at prior to going back to Hearts. I think I’d prefer someone else in.

Aye I'd agree about Zanatta. I think he failed to live up to his expectations after he came back. I can't see him getting anywhere near that Hearts starting team so it'll be interesting to see what happens to him. I wouldn't have him back out of choice but if there was nothing else coming in and he did end up back at us then at least we know what we're getting.