The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Scottydog said:
I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility that the alleged signing targets were a bit of a fabrication to generate interest in season tickets.
As for Baz getting more funds if we start badly I cant see it. He will get something though, the tin tack!  Unfortunately for Raith Rovers FC it looks increasingly like Mr Sim and his cohab are more interested in the plastic pitch than the team on. That said I think  Sept Baz will be away by the end of the 1st week in Sept.  A new guy (if they can find one, the job is rapidly becoming a poisoned chalice) will be brought in but too late to sign anyone and no longer with even the cheap option of promoting Craig Easton to the job he probably should have had at least a wee shot at when it was obvious to all that the players under Yogi had chucked it.

If you don't have budget to sign more/better players, where is it to sack a management team and replacements?

ah but you are applying logic to the issue, you arent taking into account that Rovers have form on things like this.

Surely, surely the Board must see what is staring RRFC in the face even before a ball is kicked!!

It's seems incredulous that we are trying to win promotion with a squad so small, it's simply nuts.

I would reckon a realistic punt, on our part, would require a squad of 25 players.

We are fielding 13 players tomorrow against Stranraer, what a joke this has become. 

Teams are gonna love this, I wonder how many games we'll actually manage to last the 90 with 11 fit men on the field.

Though they may not like it Sim et. al. are gonna have to come up with some dosh for us to stand a realistic chance  of the play offs, never mind promotion. Is there money available, only they know that.

Edited by Wee Sandy

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Surely, surely the Board must see what is staring RRFC in the face even before a ball is kicked!!

It's seems incredulous that we are trying to win promotion with a squad so small, it's simply nuts.

I would reckon a realistic punt, on our part, would require a squad of 25 players.

We are fielding 13 players tomorrow against Stranraer, what a joke this has become. 

Teams are gonna love this, I wonder how many games we;ll actually manage to last the 90 with 11 men on the field.

Though they may not like it Sim et. al. are gonna have to come up with some dosh for us to stand a realistic chance  of the play offs, never mind promotion. Is there money available, only they know that.

ridiculous that our manager is stating this to the press so our opponents can plan for this. Excuses in early?

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

ridiculous that our manager is stating this to the press so our opponents can plan for this. Excuses in early?

Exactly.

Talk about "unforced errors" :blink:

No need for staff members to leak team sheets, we're doing virtually that via the FFP!

The money was available last season as a one-off, and it ended in failure. Not unreasonable that Sim isn't prepared to suffer another pile of losses, really. 

I understand the financial constraints even if they are a pain, but we stayed entirely FT and watched signing targets sign PT because we can't offer enough. Then there was the failure to progress in either the League or Scottish Cup last season - this clearly hasn't helped. 

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The money was available last season as a one-off, and it ended in failure. Not unreasonable that Sim isn't prepared to suffer another pile of losses, really. 

I understand the financial constraints even if they are a pain, but we stayed entirely FT and watched signing targets sign PT because we can't offer enough. Then there was the failure to progress in either the League or Scottish Cup last season - this clearly hasn't helped. 

we have 20 players signed to run 2 teams, burn out, injuries, suspensions are all going to play a big part in our season, no point entering reserve league with such a small squad, the younger players will be in the first team ready or not through necessity

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

we have 20 players signed to run 2 teams, burn out, injuries, suspensions are all going to play a big part in our season, no point entering reserve league with such a small squad, the younger players will be in the first team ready or not through necessity

It’s been mentioned months ago that we will be fielding players out of the Fife academy for the reserve team.

Presumably we would have to sign players out the academy in order for them to sit on the bench? 

Granted that is far from an acceptable solution inthe first place, if we're on the verge of a match day squad of 13 (including 2 'keepers) it's better to at least have someone as an emergency. Either that or risk playing with 10men when someone inevitably pulls up injured. 

19 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

Morton have signed Rory McKeown.

Any good?

19 minutes ago, madton said:

Rory McKeown has signed for us. Thoughts on him?

His goal against Morton at Starks in a dramatic 3-2 win was a stotter. Anyhoo, guff during hist 1st season but improved in his 2nd season. Has a decent long throw on him.

6 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Things were far from grim in 1913. That was our Scottish Cup Final year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1913_Scottish_Cup_Final

And no place for Stewart in the cup final team! Staunch supporter probably blamed the defeat on that.

I should have remembered 1913, Falkirk were captained by Bobby Orrock, who went on to be a key man for Alloa.

59 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

It’s been mentioned months ago that we will be fielding players out of the Fife academy for the reserve team.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

cheers must have missed that