The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Flanagan should be back before Duggan and Thomson, although none this weekend. Vaughan responding well to treatment.

Well, the last bit is positive at least. Can't imagine Flanagan being a solution to our woes anyway tbqfhwy.

11 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

In one of our most positive moves this summer, McHattie is off to Derry City in Ireland so won't be re-signing with us.

Thank the Lord and pass the gravy, what a waste of space he was.

Not convinced this young keeper is the quality player BS was holding out for on the loan deals, smacks of pure panic to me.  Something is seriously fucked up with the club just now, Sim says he is not the greatest communicator and BS is too quiet , perhaps time to lock the two of them in a room until they have a constructive discussion  or a fist fight, whichever is most productive.

Sim has stated he has been told he's not the best communicator in business (unless I'm remembering that wrong) I don't think anyone can accuse him of that so far with the rovers. He's more up front than any owner we've had in recent times.

The 'keeper we've got from rangers didn't impress me last season if he's the one that played against us for albion. He will have my full support on Saturday though.

McHattie wasn't a waste of space though. Quite a harsh way to put it. He certainly has never lived up to his potential but iv already made my views on him well known in the past so I'll leave it at that.

We had  a perfectly good goalkeeper that was allowed to leave the club whilst still under contract. We now  sign another team's youngster who will no doubt be out If his depth. 

Wrong - Rory Brian WANTED to leave, to go back to Australia as he was homesick

Rory Brian left the club before his arse festered and fell off due to splinters he was picking up from sitting on the bench watching Calamity Smith selling points down the Swanny.  Smith didn't rate him and Rory knew it.  Everybody except Baz could see he was worth a shot but he was never going to get it.

Rory Brian left the club before his arse festered and fell off due to splinters he was picking up from sitting on the bench watching Calamity Smith selling points down the Swanny.  Smith didn't rate him and Rory knew it.  Everybody except Baz could see he was worth a shot but he was never going to get it.

Exactly this. It’s no surprise to me that Rory Brian has left when it was quite obvious he was never part of BS plans. The fact he’s gone back to Australia obviously shows his intentions of no longer wanting to make a career of it in Scotland. Good luck to him.

Fucking hell. So that would mean:

Wright

Murray

Benedictus 

McKay

Watson

Valentine/stevenson

Gillespie

Wedderburn

Matthews

Nisbet

Buchanan

Stranraer really should be rolling right over the top of our utterly unbalanced, no options for changing it team.

Edited by renton

He'd have known Duggan and Flanagan wouldnt make it for at least the last week. He already knew Vaughan was out, and yet he didn't want to bring in a loanee attacker?

We needed a loanee keeper. Matthew Elder has stated on Twitter that, that’s our budget completely spent now after bringing wright in.

So going on that, how did you expect us to fund this loanee attacker?

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We needed a loanee keeper. Matthew Elder has stated on Twitter that, that’s our budget completely spent now after bringing wright in.

So going on that, how did you expect us to fund this loanee attacker?

Maybe we can use the money we'll save on coach hire this season. With our squad size a 16 seater will do us fine this season, no need for an executive coach.