The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

stand by what I said, when was our badge yellow and black? If you like it fair enough fill your boots

Loads of clubs change the colour of their badge to suit the strip...it’s nothing new. 

47 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

stand by what I said, when was our badge yellow and black? If you like it fair enough fill your boots

Maybe we should just go with white and navy for the hundredth time. :rolleyes:

Glad to see another yellow stripe. Loved my Kelly's one as the two strips that year were my first.

I like the idea of using iconic styling or copying other teams for our change kit.

This ones already been described as Dortmundesque.

Puma also make Arsenals kit as well as Spurs,: Wolves, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Leicester, Inter Milan also: Uruguay, Italy, Cameroon, Swiss, Czech's

I'd quite like to see the Inter Milan kit next or maybe the Arsenal kit for our away kit next year seeing as we have a connection.

You can rule out Newcastle and their home kit though :thumbsdown

It would be interesting to hear which away strips of recent years have been the best and worst sellers.

I’m assuming that green and black effort got a few sales. Even the washed out pink one possibly did okay given the background to it.

I don’t hate the yellow one, but I’m not a fan either. If I’m buying a top I usually go for our away one. The last one I bought was the green and black one and I never wore it. As usual, we had sold out of Large early on so my choices were XL (Puma really think football fans are obese, it was like a tent) or M (skin tight). Went for M to accentuate my slight belly at the time. Never saw the light of day. I had the ‘red rovers’ away top and the white Puma one too, possibly the one from when we won the league?

As for home tops, I would like to see a mid-80s pin stripe effort again. And in hindsight I should have bought the half and half strip as it was pretty smart.

I must be a traditionalist at times as I would just have the away effort being a white top rather than a blue top. White with blue pinstripes would look good. Red, yellow or whatever is also fine with me though as long as the design is good. I just think the design of the current yellow top is playing it a bit safe. It’s confusing colours, with the yellow and black (why not yellow and blue?) but it’s not too offensive. Just doesn’t do it for me, which is no surprise as I am middle-aged man and have no business buying football tops.

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I always wonder why grown men get uppity about a football top. They are reserved strictly for kids and/or people who regularly play 5's/7's. 

I was one of the middle aged offended last night but saw a picture on facebook of a young lad wearing it and it looks good on him, reflecting its probably good marketing as it will appeal to younger fans, yellow wall at the san starko? Thinking back I bought the barca style away top in 94 and it became a favourite of mine, something different and a talking point so well done to the club

I always wonder why grown men get uppity about a football top. They are reserved strictly for kids and/or people who regularly play 5's/7's. 

What about the full strip wankers! Will no-one think of the full strip wankers?

I always wonder why folk get uppity about grown men wearing football tops. Fascists everywhere.

Being honest, aside from the RemembeR strip a few years ago, our away strips have generally been a generic plain white or red kit. It's nice to see something a bit different.

Isn’t the current away top just a generic plain yellow with a couple of black bits?

37 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What about the full strip wankers! Will no-one think of the full strip wankers?

That's a big no no if you're playing 5's or 7's, maybe even worse than grown men buying football tops but not as bad as the folk that wear football tops over a jumper or hoodie to a game on a Saturday.

59 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Isn’t the current away top just a generic plain yellow with a couple of black bits?

Generally speaking we've tended to have had kits almost identical to Dundee and Falkirk with Puma in terms of the design. This new kit is a bit different, and it's a bit of a change.

I heard they sold more shirts last night than they did at the previous shirt launch at Society. Having seen the rush to get one last night and then the rush to put it straight on shows how popular it's going to be.

When you consider the disappointment from last season that was carried in from the previous one and has now been carried forward into this season, seeing Raith fans look happy and excited was a nice change. Maybe it's brightened us all up a bit.