The New Raith Rovers Thread

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 00:51, Frank conner said:

Sadly all that's going to happen fromnowin is yes men coming in we have a week board who haven't a clue the club is still run on an amateur basis  and it won't change. This bullshit about volunteers won't change  anything it's all about getting something for nothing there's people at the club getting paid for doing f**k all it's a joke but as long as fans keep putting up with it nothing will change. 

who at the club are getting paid for doing f*** all? a harsh and disrespectful statement for the very few staff we have knocking their pan in to keep our club going.

Majority of guys there are folk giving up their own time for nothing or very little, in return for the work going in.

Edited by GhostZapper

Your baldy number eight looked to get involved. 

Apart from that, Oaft. 

Benedictus and your keeper, Oaft. 

That’s Grant Gillespie.

He looked decent against you in the friendly. He looked decent in spells on Saturday, but at other points of the game, he was just walking about the pitch acting as if it was just a friendly.

On 14/07/2018 at 18:25, Ding Dang Doo said:

That's what gets me most about Smith...his insistence on basically picking the questions and refusal to answer any questions about specific players.

The guy who said after the Alloa debarcle that we could do a Dunfermline when they were the only full time team in the league and stuck with dinosaur Jefferies could be spot on.

Slight bit of revisionism here; when Jefferies quit we were 2nd in the league. It was John Potter and Neil McCann who steered us to a brilliant 7th placed finish (7th :lol:)

Is there no other formation than 4-4-2? Full time team, full time training.  What are they doing?!?!?  Does Smith know any other tactic? Does he know you can change tactics? Does he know you can try and find a formation that suits the players you have available so they are playing in their most natural position??   

I had thought 3-5-2 would be the way to go esp. at home as most teams have only used one striker at Starks. Our squad looks light on senior players

so hopefully we can add a couple more before the league starts. 

I’m absolutely bricking the embarrassment that could be against Hearts, I think I’ll call it a day once Hearts bang their 4th...!

How’s Barry even got away with signing folk that’s injured is beyond me, surely running with such a small squad your first thought should be, does this boy play at least 30 league games a season, if that’s a no, don’t sign him - simple. Under McGlynn it was virtually the same XI all season, for that exact same reason.

Kevin Nesbit and Chris Dugan are far too similar to play up front together. Both looking to hold the ball up in the build up and neither get in behind regularly.
At least Duggan missed a sitter. Nisbet wasn't involved enough to miss one, flitting aboot up front, seemingly disinterested and not near anything. A ghost and a blind man in attack. Deadly or deathly - time will tell.

PS keeper might be dodgy.

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

I’m absolutely bricking the embarrassment that could be against Hearts, I think I’ll call it a day once Hearts bang their 4th...!

How’s Barry even got away with signing folk that’s injured is beyond me, surely running with such a small squad your first thought should be, does this boy play at least 30 league games a season, if that’s a no, don’t sign him - simple. Under McGlynn it was virtually the same XI all season, for that exact same reason.

whos all been signed that were injured?

27 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

whos all been signed that were injured?

Flanagan, Wedderburn and Milne. So 3, out of 7 signings unavailable, with Gillespie, Thomson, Duggan and Nisbet available. Of course, add in Buchanan and Vaughan and literally every ounce of creativity and guile the team has is sitting on a physio table.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
36 minutes ago, renton said:
Flanagan, Wedderburn and Milne. So 3, out of 7 signings unavailable, with Gillespie, Thomson, Duggan and Nisbet available. Of course, add in Buchanan and Vaughan and literally every ounce of creativity and guile the team has is sitting on a physio table.

*an unattended physio table.

From the article at the time of his resignation announcement: "Stuart will work an agreed notice period, to allow us to recruit a replacement." So hopefully he's still there to treat them....

10 minutes ago, invocr said:

From the article at the time of his resignation announcement: "Stuart will work an agreed notice period, to allow us to recruit a replacement." So hopefully he's still there to treat them....

Well spotted :thumsup2

Eagle - eyed Rovers supporters at Bayview would have noticed Stu on the pitch when Murray took a knock, along with the club doc.

Edited by Niall Russell

31 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

Well spotted :thumsup2

Eagle - eyed Rovers supporters at Bayview would have noticed Stu on the pitch when Murray took a knock, along with the club doc.

They'd have been better checking over Nisbet to see if there was a pulse there.