The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

one of the Cowden fans said, and I quote "Absolutely buzzing ! I know it's only Raith but 2-nil away first game has got to be a good start.

Christ, is that how far we have fallen?  It's going to be a long season.

We need to give Smith time before we get on his back, but if the first quarter doesn't look promising then we need to get a new man in with a transfer window to work with rather than making someone else work with Smiths duds (if that's what they turn out to be....)

The whole thing yesterday is a worry, only a fool would suggest otherwise. The biggest worry for me though is the way Smith determinedly played 4-4-2, which included playing the three u20 players all out of position - especially Valentine, making his competitive debut.

Hopefully if/when the injured players return, we’ll be fine. Barry Smith certainly doing his best to make sure we haven’t forgotten his shortcomings though.

Has anyone actually said we’ve got nothing to worry about?

Also Paco how do you know our formation when you’re on your holidays?

I’m sure Paco has an ability to read, and also it’s all too predictable with the way Father Stone sets his teams out hth.

I looked at that line up yesterday and thought it had to be three at the back, then I jokingly said that there was the possibility of four centre halves making up the back four and lo and behold that's exactly what we got. 

Smith can point to some mitigating circumstances with the injuries yesterday but one game in and I've already had a stark reminder of just why I haven't bought a season ticket this year.

It's been clearly said by many folk we played 4-4-2. We did, and it was dreadful to watch. 

The FFP said that that's the recruitment finished other than a keeper.  

5 injuries and we have a squad that looks absolutely devoid of anything verging on semi decent.  

7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It's been clearly said by many folk we played 4-4-2. We did, and it was dreadful to watch. 

The FFP said that that's the recruitment finished other than a keeper.  

5 injuries and we have a squad that looks absolutely devoid of anything verging on semi decent.  

They also said you were signing Rory Loy, Willo Flood and Joe Cardle.

They must have. It would have been utterly moronic to name players who were merely targets.

What would have been “utterly moronic” would have been to shout racial chants to one of our targets this season.