The New Raith Rovers Thread

First building block in the nightmare scenario today.  Poor early season performances lead to fans turning against Smith. Club stick by him until atmosphere is poisonous. He eventually gets sacked. New manager comes in burdened with all the duds Smith signed for the season. Mid-table mediocrity beckons. 

Of course today could just be a blip. You never know with the Rovers. Regardless the league cup ‘campaign’ is fucked before it even started. Treat the rest of the games as meaningless friendlies to get ready for the league 

Edited by roverthemoon

Got to laugh at the fact we’ve not even launched our strip yet due to supplier problems and the team has brought expectations crashing down already. We must be the only club who can’t even capitalise on pre-season false optimism. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Luckily for you, Arbroath turning over Utd and Montrose beating Falkirk means nobody will notice you got pumped by Cowdenbeath today. 

Annan beating Hamilton as well. Definitely not a day for coupons.

How much BOOOOOing was there today?

I found myself standing too close to Bodge, so I can confirm that there was in fact a lot of BOOing came from this direction. I’m away for a lie down now to get rid of this migraine.

50 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It was. Nisbet in particular was absolutely anonymous. Duggan managed to miss an absolute sitter as well.

This could be a long old season.

It really doesn't matter who we signed during the close season. The man dictating tactics is still there and although something like 15 players have left, the product on the park is exactly the same - the long high ball that bypasses the midfield. What I would give for Stewart Petrie to be appointed as manager. 

I still haven't bothered to go along to Stark's to buy the season ticket but as things stand I just can't be arsed. Thinking back to last season and the turgid football on offer I've come to the conclusion that Barry Smith just isn't up to the job.

He's a Gary Locke.

The fans were calling for his head mid way through our fabled bad spell. Hoofball and injury is the mantra of our club again. Outplayed by a team that overcame relegation from the Scottish league twice in a row. The man has learned nothing

54 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I worked harder getting to my seat than Nisbet did all game. And I put in just as many challenges as him too.

I was saying similar on the way home. You'd think he'd at least put a bit of effort in and make a couple of tackles to at least try and get the crowd onside. Instead he didn't seem interested unless the ball came looking for him, and even then the most he mustered was a couple of decent flicks.

It really doesn't matter who we signed during the close season. The man dictating tactics is still there and although something like 15 players have left, the product on the park is exactly the same - the long high ball that bypasses the midfield. What I would give for Stewart Petrie to be appointed as manager. 
I still haven't bothered to go along to Stark's to buy the season ticket but as things stand I just can't be arsed. Thinking back to last season and the turgid football on offer I've come to the conclusion that Barry Smith just isn't up to the job.
He's a Gary Locke.
This.

Doesn't matter who we sign as we have a manager we is completely clueless and resorts to Victorian tactics. Did anyone really expect anything else today?

I have been going to the Rovers for 30 years and this is the first season I have no desire to go back. I have not renewed my season ticket and have no intention to do so and will just pick and choose the games and it's purely down to Barry Smith.

I wonder if they were under orders not to get involved so as not to pick up any more injuries?

Any hoo It’s the guys at Raith Tv I respect most, what a task they have ahead of them this term interviewing the coaches and not telling them what they really think of them.

Wonder who lost at Rock Paper Scissors and has to do the post Match  interview.

Edited by Scottydog

I wonder if they were under orders not to get involved so as not to pick up any more injuries?
Any hoo It’s the guys at Raith Tv I respect most, what a task they have ahead of them this term interviewing the coaches and not telling them what they really think of them.
Wonder who lost at Rock Paper Scissors and has to do the post Match  interview.

That's what gets me most about Smith...his insistence on basically picking the questions and refusal to answer any questions about specific players.

The guy who said after the Alloa debarcle that we could do a Dunfermline when they were the only full time team in the league and stuck with dinosaur Jefferies could be spot on.