The New Raith Rovers Thread

Only 2 outfield subs. Why aren’t there more youths on the bench? .......oh wait that’s right we binned them to save money.

All the same why aren’t Jack Smith and Keiran Dall there?

Jack Smith is in the stand with Wedderburn,  Milne and Flanagan. So add Vaughan,  Buchanan and Dall plus the 14 stripped and that's a squad of 21 .  A club official told folks before the game about 6  injured from a squad of 20...........

I am up to speed with the Wedderburn, Milne and Flanagan saga.

But, can someone bring me up to date on  Dall and Smith?

Who are they? I never realised they were "in the frame" for signing.

Cheers

ETA: The quicker we are out of this diddy competition the better, far too much scope for even more injuries.

Certainly do not want a repetition of last years fiasco, the League is what counts.

Edited by Wee Sandy

14 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

I am up to speed with the Wedderburn, Milne and Flanagan saga.

But, can someone bring me up to date on  Dall and Smith?

Who are they? I never realised they were "in the frame" for signing.

Cheers

Kieran Dall is a midfielder and Jack Smith is a striker,  both were in the development side last season and both are still on the players page.

10 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

1-0 Cowden looks like you’ll get your wish awee Sandy.

Cannot say I will be bothered by the score today, could be worse things than a quick exit from this.

Have to wonder  if Smith HAS learnt something from last years costly foray, ie using these games to blood players (no' literally, like!!)!!

Prefer to be starting the League campaign with a fully fit squad (if possible) than losing guys to injury in the "Piston Cup"....:

Edited by Wee Sandy

11 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

1-0 Cowden looks like you’ll get your wish awee Sandy.

God awful line up forced on us by injury, but will be interested to learn if the Nisbet/ Duggan partnership is as toothless as it reads on paper.

In normal circumstances I’d want to do well in this cup as it can make us some money unlike its  worthless counterpart the juice cup. This season we are in no position to attempt a shot at progression at either so I agree a swift exit would be better plan.

Well people were crying out for youth to be given a chance, here’s an opportunity against the two time running worst Scottish professional football team. Seems to be going well thus far...

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Well people were crying out for youth to be given a chance, here’s an opportunity against the two time running worst Scottish professional football team. Seems to be going well thus far...

So Valentine, Watson and McKay are the sole reasons we are losing?