The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, renton said:

A couple of things:

1. We're definitely short still of at least two attacking options: two injuries and we're naming 17 year old left backs as left midfielders.

2. There is no combination of 11 players Barry Smith can't bash into a 4-4-2 shape. It's a talent.

Suppose that's the reality of how skint we are. But with 2 players (Vaughan and Milne) still to come back, and with the manager still looking to sign a winger and another striking option (possibly filled by Flanagan and Nesbit) then that does pad out the squad. I'd assume after that we'd maybe take advantage of the loan market to add a bit of depth if possible. With our financial position, and lack of big gates in the league we  are in, we don't have the luxury of plenty extra players kicking about the reserves.

18 hours ago, Niall Russell said:

49 games for a £25 Audio Pass...

Compare that to  season 2016 - 17 where for the same price we  broadcast 23 home games and a handful (4 matches IIRC) of away games.....

Fair enough. I hadn't used the audio pass before last season and didn't realise that so many more matches had been covered. When you put it that way then almost 50 matches for £40 (or £35 early bird) is pretty good value.

20 minutes ago, invocr said:

Fair enough. I hadn't used the audio pass before last season and didn't realise that so many more matches had been covered. When you put it that way then almost 50 matches for £40 (or £35 early bird) is pretty good value.

Definitely an added value for Season Ticket holders as well with the audio pass included. I missed a few away matches last season, one whilst delayed 3 hours in Brussels Airport, and was great to be able to tune in! excellent service offered by those involved.

Dundee Utd behind closed doors in St Andrews, hope that history doesn’t repeat its self in this fixture.

Some May have forgotten what happened in the last bounce game between these sides but I’m sure Aaron Lennox hasn’t, you might say it’s imprinted on his brain....and jaw.

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
53 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Nisbet and McTattie?

Nisbet and Flanagan. The latter has been offered terms according to the article.

Nice wee run out, good to see Grant Gillespie have a good game and goal. We need to get Ross Matthews involved a lot more. Don’t swear at me, but more as an attacking midfielder. He has goals in him and I’m almost certain he’ll jump at the task.

7 hours ago, Raithie said:

Wasn’t there last night but I remember us thumping Dunfermline last season in a friendly and we looked the dugs. 

AJ doesn't tend to take much care over the results of pre season friendlys, he maps it all out so that players get so many minutes in such and such a game, that's the important part for him, match fitness. I can't remember last seasons friendly but we had a different team last night than what we'll have in the league. 

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

AJ doesn't tend to take much care over the results of pre season friendlys, he maps it all out so that players get so many minutes in such and such a game, that's the important part for him, match fitness. I can't remember last seasons friendly but we had a different team last night than what we'll have in the league. 

Last night struck me as very much a fringe squad for the Pars with some first team players littered in.  Personally, I couldn't care less about games like this. I'm more worried about injuries to players like Vaughan and Milne (albeit Milne should only be out for a couple of days). 

37 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Last night struck me as very much a fringe squad for the Pars with some first team players littered in.  Personally, I couldn't care less about games like this. I'm more worried about injuries to players like Vaughan and Milne (albeit Milne should only be out for a couple of days). 

Has there been much said about Vaughan? Re injuring his knee will always be a possibility after his injury. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Has there been much said about Vaughan? Re injuring his knee will always be a possibility after his injury. 

Not really, but it's looking likely that he'll miss the start of the season. 

14 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I’m more worried that we have actually left the number 3 shirt for McHattie, how can we resign him again

Yeah, that's a good point. Pretty ridiculous that despite being a failure two seasons on the bounce we still have him on trial here.