The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

:rolleyes:

Erm no, it was just being played at their ground.

It was Dunfermline we were playing.

Sheesh some folk need to pay more attention to what’s going on.

Sorry you mentioned neighbours, didn’t realise it was our neighbours 2 down we were playing

2 minutes ago, Starks Park Kdy said:
11 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:
I can confirm that it wasn't Hart.
I can't confirm who it was though.
HTH.

Rory Brian return?

Nope.

The team sheet was written on rice paper which I was forced to consume directly after reading.

5 hours ago, Beachbum said:

How about McHattie? Is he there?

Why why why why why why.

Seriously though, if we can't take him for a walk in the woods and lose him can we at least find something else for him to do instead of play football. Surely there's a job going for a handyman........

Rovers played some really good football last night. Hard working and, some great movement off the ball. 

Big Nat and Higgy had a few good tussles, but the big man has the strength of three and some devastating passes. 

I don't think you guys will have much trouble in the league this season. Your team is looks good right now. 

Bigger crowd for a pre season friendly than EF will muster in the league. Well until, as they say, the blue £ turn up.

Wasn’t there last night but I remember us thumping Dunfermline last season in a friendly and we looked the dugs. In fact there’s been quite a few seasons where we’ve looked good in friendlies (ball on the deck etc) and things have ‘changed’ when league business gets underway.

Very pleased with the performance last night. Thought we looked ahead of the Pars in terms pace of play, fitness and sharpness. Thought the centre midfield pairing of Wedderburn and Gillespie worked well together – got stuck in. Linked up well with Buchanan. Defence looked solid enough. On first view I thought Robbie Thompson maybe could have done better with the goal, but not sure if he saw it late – took everything else fine! Ferry and Stevenson impressed me when they came on. Both really keen to get involved, and Ferry can play some cracking passes around! Thought the number 15 (Assumed it was Nesbit) played OK, without being stand out. Would like to see more from him

We do still look light on the wings. Valentine/Mchattie both did OK wide left, and Matthews on the right before Stevenson replaced him, but definitely crying out for someone!

No Vaughan or Milne – both carrying knocks? Also assume given that Flanagan wasn’t involved we’ve ended our interest in him.

The Sub keeper was a young lad from Fife Elite called Sam McGuff - he was signed by the academy from the u16s team we sponsored the past few seasons.

A couple of things:

1. We're definitely short still of at least two attacking options: two injuries and we're naming 17 year old left backs as left midfielders.

2. There is no combination of 11 players Barry Smith can't bash into a 4-4-2 shape. It's a talent.

31 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Very pleased with the performance last night. Thought we looked ahead of the Pars in terms pace of play, fitness and sharpness. Thought the centre midfield pairing of Wedderburn and Gillespie worked well together – got stuck in. Linked up well with Buchanan. Defence looked solid enough. On first view I thought Robbie Thompson maybe could have done better with the goal, but not sure if he saw it late – took everything else fine! Ferry and Stevenson impressed me when they came on. Both really keen to get involved, and Ferry can play some cracking passes around! Thought the number 15 (Assumed it was Nesbit) played OK, without being stand out. Would like to see more from him

We do still look light on the wings. Valentine/Mchattie both did OK wide left, and Matthews on the right before Stevenson replaced him, but definitely crying out for someone!

No Vaughan or Milne – both carrying knocks? Also assume given that Flanagan wasn’t involved we’ve ended our interest in him.

The Sub keeper was a young lad from Fife Elite called Sam McGuff - he was signed by the academy from the u16s team we sponsored the past few seasons.

Unfortunate name for a Scottish footballer.

57 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Berry.