The New Raith Rovers Thread

In other news, Iain Davidson (Davo) has gone on a journey up The Ganges.

Iain turned to Hinduism to get over the disappointment of last season. He hopes this will recharge his batteries and give him the inner strength to captain us to the League 1 title.

I am sure we all wish Iain good luck for his trip and for next season.

I'm glad you put davo in brackets,otherwise I think i might have struggled to work out who you were talking about [emoji23][emoji6]

Jesus this is fucking boring! Can we have another speculative rumour that Vaughan might be leaving so at least we can have something to talk/panic about?

I personally think we should keep him. He's definitely going to be the guy that wins us the league this season. Last season he was just warming up.

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Jesus this is fucking boring! Can we have another speculative rumour that Vaughan might be leaving so at least we can have something to talk/panic about?

I personally think we should keep him. He's definitely going to be the guy that wins us the league this season. Last season he was just warming up.

You've changed your tune.

6 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

We’ve decided to play on tarmac this season as a tribute to the young fans who used to hone their football and kerby skills on the streets of Kirkcaldy.

We will also be installing kerbs, and will shortly announce plans to host an International Kerby Tournament with teams from as far afield as Methil, Greenock, Bellshill and Outer Mongolia taking part for the greatest prize in World Kerby, the Golden Kerb.

To get the tournament going, there will be a debate in the centre circle between two eminent professors from the University of Edinburgh philosophy department on the merits of the game and whether it is Kerby or Curby.

For added ‘reality’ at random times throughout the matches a speeding car will move along the pitch to disrupt play.

I am sure all true Rovers and Kerby fans will get behind this visionary idea.

Will this be on Sky or Alba?

9 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

Stuart Phinn (physio) leaving to take up a roll at East End Park....

Maybe a good thing we didn't sign Flood - he has terminated his contract at Dunfermline to head to the far east!

Apparently they've first dibs on him should he return to Scotland as a player. I reckon he'll retire after being at, eh, Bali United?

Nothing exciting in this weeks FFP other than a recently released championship midfielder who can also play in defence is training and discussing terms and still talking to several other un  named  targets! 

Edited by spot on

Nothing exciting in this weeks FFP other than a recently released championship midfielder who can also play in defence is training and discussing terms and still talking to several other un  named  targets! 
Nat Wedderburn maybe? Was training with Arbroath previously I think.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
26 minutes ago, spot on said:

Nat Wedderburn maybe? Was training with Arbroath previously I think.

Seems almost certain to be him, doesn't it.  Between him and Gillespie it'd give us a lot of presence in midfield, certainly. Wonder if we'd end up looking at a 3 man midfield, or a variation on that. 

Seems almost certain to be him, doesn't it.  Between him and Gillespie it'd give us a lot of presence in midfield, certainly. Wonder if we'd end up looking at a 3 man midfield, or a variation on that. 

Just seems odd bringing in midfielders when the ball will simply be blootered from defence up to the forwards haha

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I was hoping the unnamed midfielder was Andy Murdoch.

Played midfield and right back for Morton I think, and there was a general element of surprise/dismay when Ray McKinnon released him. He’d be a great signing for us.

Murdoch is another who would run the show at this level. Looked a good prospect at Rangers and scored a belter against us.

Edited by Broken Algorithms

11 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I was hoping the unnamed midfielder was Andy Murdoch.

Played midfield and right back for Morton I think, and there was a general element of surprise/dismay when Ray McKinnon released him. He’d be a great signing for us.

Would assume he's got offers in the championship.