The New Raith Rovers Thread

That’s your choice Ro Sham Bo , Personally I’m a Raith Rovers support not a Barry smith supporter so I’ll be there backing the team not the manager , supporters with your mind set are damaging the club rightly or wrongly however  nor am i criticising you or your fellow supporters as it’s up to each individual if they wish or even afford to renew 

You aren’t criticising him but you are claiming that he’s damaging the club? :lol:

I’ve been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember but may go pay at the gate this season. Does that make me any less a supporter?Around half of those sold were purchased before the end of last season so i think the club will be heavily reliant on those who pay in week after week. Harping back to my post last week where I was critical of the press releasing names of our targets - I don’t think that signing only 25 per cent of those mentioned will have helped with season sales.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
14 hours ago, renton said:
Two weeks ago the FFP had us linked with Willo Flood and Joe Cardle. This week it's Lewis Milne and Nathan Flanagan....

To continue the downward spiral get set for a FFP exclusive this week revealing that McHattie will feature as a trialist in the friendly matches and that a deal will be on the table if he comes through them unscathed.

And again.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Regarding the Lewis Milne rumour? decent player imo , as for new signings what are the Rovers supposed to do when reportedly only selling 500 season tickets so far half of last years total we can only afford what finances dictate or do most people think we should be spending money we don’t have? Maybe if the other 500 renewed there season tickets again we wouldn’t be having this debate

My rationale for not buying:

I didn’t buy them when John McGlynn was in charge and we won this league, reached a Scottish Cup semi-final, challenged for the Championship and had decent enough players.

Since McGlynn I have bought a season ticket every season and had to suffer Grant Murray, Gary Locke and now Barry Smith.

Now we’ve taken the cup games off the season ticket.

No sale. Make me want to buy one rather than try and guilt trip me.

It’s PATG for me.

Why not? It didn't stop Barry Smith from signing for us as a manager. He signed a contract with East Fife a fortnight before moving to us. We didn't pay compensation for Smith. Could be the same here.

Just to rub it in, but if you had been of Part-Time status then you wouldn't have got him, the escape clause in his contract was for a Full-Time gig only!!!
Swings and roundabouts eh???

Just a thought, as it was my circumstances also, it’s holiday season, so people may be waiting until they’ve paid their holiday off and/or returning from their holiday prior to buying one. I’ll be getting mines next weekend once I’m paid.

Off topic, surely Ross Perry isn’t still cutting it even at this level?? He is single handedly the worst defender I’ve ever seen in my life, makes McHattie look like Maldini and we know how terrible he is!