The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Rory Brian, much like Aaron Lennox, Yaw Osei and Greig Spence at some points last year, seems to get better with every game he doesn't play.

Lennox started the season well to be fair. 

But aye, the longer some players are out, the better they become. 

Rory Brian, much like Aaron Lennox, Yaw Osei and Greig Spence at some points last year, seems to get better with every game he doesn't play.

I was just thinking this myself. I know he was highly rated with the under-20’s, but in his only game for us, he looked extremely nervous for the first half hour, then as far as I can remember, had very little to do after Forfar went down to ten men.

He could end up being absolutely sensational, but at no point in that game did I think he should be our number one.

Looked decent enough in the one league game he played. Whether that's enough to merit being an integral part of a squad who need to win this league is another thing.

Don't doubt he'd do a better job than G Smith but give must folk here a set of goalie gloves from Ryan Hardies car and they would make a decent go of that.

Also, re Milne, yon 'team leaking poster' on Fantalk saying Milne is signing next week and that he has a 'get out clause' in his contract with Montrose if a FT team come in for him. Funnily enough I said much the same in the Montrose thread as a joke but would be amusing if it were true. Have no idea what kind of player he is but his name rings a bell.

38 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Also, re Milne, yon 'team leaking poster' on Fantalk saying Milne is signing next week and that he has a 'get out clause' in his contract with Montrose if a FT team come in for him. Funnily enough I said much the same in the Montrose thread as a joke but would be amusing if it were true. Have no idea what kind of player he is but his name rings a bell.

Aye, he seems pretty ITK.

For argument sakes, if our two remaining midfield spots were Milne and Flanagan, is that the quality we need to have a go at promotion?

I always liked Milne at Cowdenbeath, I seem to remember him scoring a beauty against us at Central Park - perhaps a late consolation? I think him and Gillespie would be a good central pairing. I’m currently out the country and I haven’t heard anything about him signing but that’s not to say it isn’t happening. I’d be happy enough if it were true.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

if our two remaining midfield spots were Milne and Flanagan, is that the quality we need to have a go at promotion?

Time will tell. Most of the other teams aren't exactly brimming with 'wow' signings, maybe partly because I don't know much about them. Only Forbes and Loy seem to be the main names that I've taken notice of.

Do people forget our famous team from 1994 was made up of journey men and youngsters. Now i'm not trying to compare us to how we were then but it just shows that with the right team spirit and backing from fans that anything is possible!

4 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Do people forget our famous team from 1994 was made up of journey men and youngsters. Now i'm not trying to compare us to how we were then but it just shows that with the right team spirit and backing from fans that anything is possible!

'You can't win anything with kids' said Hansen forgetting that he won a league title with Partick at the age of 20.

15 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

If Davo was played in midfield last year, who exactly would have partnered McKay in defence ?

Bene ? Nope he was injured

Murray ? nope played at left back

Nice to see you posting without harping on about the pitch for once.

Well seeing as your taking a keen interest, I was eluding to the time of the season that Bene was rushed back into the team at the expense of Mackay, now I could be wrong but seem to recall around that time it was Murray that was in the centre with Davo as McHattie was by hen deemed fit and played out on the left.

As for the pitch, worry not I’ve not forgotten about it and I’m sure the new surface will provide me with plenty to comment on in the coming months.

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:
10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
He'll either be on a free, or he won't be coming at all

He can't just sign for us then go for nowt surely!Not expecting a massive fee but their has to be something.

Depends if anything is written in his contract that he can go for heehaw if a full time team come in for him. Whilst I jokingly said much the same in your thread that's the general rumour (albeit from one person) that's going about our forum.

Edited by Raithie