The New Raith Rovers Thread

A capable player at this level signing fotrour likely title rivals instead of us is something to fuss over if there ever was something to fuss over. 

As it hasn't yet happened, I'll leave my pitchfork in the shed for now. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

You're having a laugh two wide players and Hendry back and we have a squad capable of winning the league. We have one keeper, no rightback a central midfield with no creativity, no left sided or right sided midfielders and 3 small strikers with again no target man. For me we need at least 5 more player's to get anywhere near winning the league 

I would think we probably will sign atleast another 5 players anyway. Looks like Loy will sign and then you would imagine a few loan players and maybe a couple of the players that are in training with the squad currently will sign. It is only still the 19th of June.

Gillespie has never set the top flight alight, but against Ross County at least he always seemed to do his job well enough.  He's not going to be a match-winner but will give 7/10 in centre-mid.  He does have a trick to beat a player 1v1 when he gets himself higher up the pitch.  He played a lot at wing-back or full-back for Accies but the centre circle is more his home.

Agree with this assessment.

I really liked Grant as a ball playing DM but we had good players in that area and he didn’t get a good run in the team, often dropping to the bench.

Because of his utility he was often played at right full back/ wing back where he is wasted and it’s not his position.

He never moaned though and was a great servant for us. If you play him in midfield i think he will definitely do a good job for you. I’m glad he’s found. good club, good luck Grant [emoji106]

14 minutes ago, bomberharris said:

Agree with this assessment.

I really liked Grant as a ball playing DM but we had good players in that area and he didn’t get a good run in the team, often dropping to the bench.

Because of his utility he was often played at right full back/ wing back where he is wasted and it’s not his position.

He never moaned though and was a great servant for us. If you play him in midfield i think he will definitely do a good job for you. I’m glad he’s found. good club, good luck Grant emoji106.png

Cracking username fella, wish we could find a player like Bomber now 

5 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

League’s Dumbartons to lose now!

Settle, we've got 9 players and at least 3 of them I imagine will take up a lot of our budget. We'll need to be smart with what's left and I doubt we'll have much depth at all. Delighted with the business so far though.

3 minutes ago, greggyt1985 said:

Worrying when players are choosing teams like dumbarton over us..... No disrespect to them. Absolutely no benefit in stayin full time at all.

By the looks of it Loy's going to working with our stadium sponsor C&G Systems on the railways (along with just about everyone else in our squad) so it looks like that wage combined with ours would match or beat any full time offer you may be able to give him. Loy himself saying today that it was the toughest season of his career last year and he might've wanted to take a step back from day in, day out football. It's not always as black and white with these things as fans think.

Got to say that so far that's been a very poor reaction to a decent signing.

My reaction was Accies in the Prem, to Dundee United in the Championship in January, to Rovers in League 1. What’s the catch?