The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The likes of Flanagan and Layne will be our actual signings once Smith's fantasy signings get signed up elsewhere.

Thats just fucking depressing.

The likes of Flanagan and Layne will be our actual signings once Smith's fantasy signings get signed up elsewhere.
If that does happen then our season ticket sales will go up from 500 to about 503 before the first league match.

If Smith can't inspire his own fans how the hell can he inspire any decent players to sign for us.

54 minutes ago, renton said:

Thats just fucking depressing.

Agreed. Gillespie would be a good signing given his experience. I'd far rather we tried everything to get Loy in rather than Flanagan. Layne shouldn't even be training with us, let alone being consideration for a deal.  McHattie shouldn't be anywhere near us, I can only presume we've offered him training facilities. The boy is a defensive liability, and injury prone. We have Murray who is an infinitely superior left back. 

If that does happen then our season ticket sales will go up from 500 to about 503 before the first league match.

If Smith can't inspire his own fans how the hell can he inspire any decent players to sign for us.

It might seem unfair on Smith but it's hard not to assume that part of our issue with signing players is his inability to sell the club to them.

He seems to have no motivational or inspirational qualities whatsoever.

Looks like McHattie second from the right. That would be peak Rovers if we signed him up again after releasing him, 2 seasons in a row:rolleyes: 
E091F775-2C0D-4EB8-95E3-93AE00D0CAA8.thumb.png.b2cf46ccb62ffe68bfaf7a75b56778d9.png

Oya fucker that is McHattie!! Get him to f**k! Saying that however it looks like that young boy Foinn Kay behind him also who played for the development team and he’s now signed up with Kelty Hearts.
Really good news if we’ve signed Gillespie. I just want the Club to announce stuff, the silence is brutal.

3 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Oya fucker that is McHattie!! Get him to f**k! Saying that however it looks like that young boy Foinn Kay behind him also who played for the development team and he’s now signed up with Kelty Hearts.
Really good news if we’ve signed Gillespie. I just want the Club to announce stuff, the silence is brutal.

Kelty saying he's  signing coup, I wish him well but he's been injured for quite a while.

He looked good when fit but was unlucky with knocks.

Kelty saying he's  signing coup, I wish him well but he's been injured for quite a while.

He looked good when fit but was unlucky with knocks.

It's Kelty 20's that Fionn's signed for.

If he can get (and stay) fit, he could develop into a very good player.

Hopefully some signings announced soon.

Matt Elder has just followed Grant Gillespie on twitter, if we can take that as news...?

Probably a good sign. Fingers firmly crossed we’re waiting for Loy to sign before announcing both. Would be as exciting as the Spence-Buchanan announcement last season.

It was mentioned a week or two ago we were trying to get Hendry back from Celtic. Is this still the case? Any further forward? I imagine if Gillespie, Loy and Hendry sign we’d probably only be a wide player and a 2nd goalie away from business done, perhaps maybe one further loan later on in the window, I wonder if Zanatta will be in 1st team contention at Hearts?

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:58, Skyline Drifter said:

As I understand it:

There are no emergency loans any longer EXCEPT for a goalkeeper and then only on a week by week basis with a Doctor's certificate to show genuine injury or illness.

All loans are now what was previously described as a Development Loan which means the player on loan can play 1st team only for the borrowing club but can play reserves for the lending club also. No age restrictions on loans.

All loans are to be window to window.

Maximum of 4 loans at once (one from any club in the same division and two at most from a club in another division).

League 1 & 2 clubs can bring in a loan player in September and February also, effectively a one month extension on both windows. We can't bring one in outside a window but we could lend one out downwards obviously.

None of this affects international loans which are technically temporary releases since their Registration moves unlike domestic loans where the registration doesn't move. So you can still have half a dozen loans from England if you want.

So we can have up to 4 domestic loans at a time of any age. It's not all that different to last season other than the inability to bring in emergency loans. What it probably means is we can't so readily afford to allow our young fringe players out on loan as they might be needed to cover the first team as you can't go out and get someone else in to do that. We had 6 domestic loans in the second half of last season (Thomas, Thomson, Todorov, Lyle, Todd, Beerman) so we wouldn't have been allowed to bring in Todd if the rules had existed last year. We'd probably have been able to get Lyle in as Martin was injured, albeit he played once at Morton.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Read elsewhere the emergency loan rules have changed. Anyone know how that would impact or limit potential signings?