The New Raith Rovers Thread

45 minutes ago, tigger said:

Dumbarton rumoured to be signing Loy tomorrow

Think that's more hopeful rumours than anything else to be honest. He'll get a Queen of the South/Morton sized club pretty comfortably I reckon.

In these days of little cheer down Stark's Park way I'm delighted to say the over 50s walking team won the annual Stenhousemuir competition this afternoon, defeating Clyde FC 2-0 in the final after finishing 2nd in the group. 12 teams entered inc. Hearts, Montrose, Stenny, Ayr Utd, Gala Fairydean, Dundee Utd and others. Worthy, if knackered, champs.

Think that's more hopeful rumours than anything else to be honest. He'll get a Queen of the South/Morton sized club pretty comfortably I reckon.

Not so sure. Stinking in championship last year, not anywhere near good enough for Prem team, 30.... part time probably right for him now and L1 probably his level

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

In these days of little cheer down Stark's Park way I'm delighted to say the over 50s walking team won the annual Stenhousemuir competition this afternoon, defeating Clyde FC 2-0 in the final after finishing 2nd in the group. 12 teams entered inc. Hearts, Montrose, Stenny, Ayr Utd, Gala Fairydean, Dundee Utd and others. Worthy, if knackered, champs.

Hope there was no cheating like playing ringers ie last seasons title challenging team

11 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Opportunity next year to host our own tournament

Stating the obvious here but, we are 16 days away from our first friendly at New Bayview , against Dunfermline, and we have signed a Goalie and a forward, thus far. 

We have the remainder of last season's team i.e.  6 regulars and 10 youngsters to call upon, sum total 18 players.

In under 4 weeks the Cup matches start and I reckon we are 4/5 players short of what we'll need especially when injuries and suspensions kick in later on.

Am I the only one now starting to feel really nervous about our chances for the coming season?

Edited by Wee Sandy

Does anyone think that Barry Smith is capable of attracting players to the club.  I hope if we do sign some players ie about 6 that we don't get the excuse that they are 2 weeks behind in preseason so have some catching up to do.

Does anyone think that Barry Smith is capable of attracting players to the club.  I hope if we do sign some players ie about 6 that we don't get the excuse that they are 2 weeks behind in preseason so have some catching up to do.

I think Barry’s been told to bolt by the board about these alleged signings and to run with the team assembled. Absolutely nothing coming out of Starks Park.

The FFP mentioned we were on the verge of signing Gillespie and Loy yet here we are Monday afternoon and still no sign. Willo Flood also mentioned but he has just signed for the Pars. If the club want to see season tickets sell then they habe to show us some ambition and get players signed.

The way I read it was they, Flood and Cardle, weren't signing anyway as they had better offers elsewhere. The more I think about it the more I think the club and/or FFP should have omitted mentioning ANY signing target. 

Edited by Raithie