The New Raith Rovers Thread

Right why have signings not been confirmed. Jesus Christ.
“Here’s yer wage. Here’s where your playing, it’s going to be plastic pitch.. Sign here on the line there. Done.

I’ll hazard a guess that it’s because we are the last chance saloon for full-time football and they are hanging out for a better offer.

Something along the lines of:

Agent: “what about Raith Rovers, they’ve made you an offer?”

Player: “hmmm...I’m sure something will turn up. Let’s just sleep on it.”

Agent: “It’s nearly July and there are no other offers.”

Player: “Please don’t make me go to Raith Rovers. Please...”

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Right why have signings not been confirmed. Jesus Christ.

“Here’s yer wage. Here’s where your playing, it’s going to be plastic pitch.. Sign here on the line there. Done.

Maybe both have been offered more money elsewhere, like Telfer was, and have fucked off.

I mean, what does "advanced talks" even mean: "Aye mate, I'll sign for you so long as no one better* turns up"?
*Any other full time team in Scotland.

Advanced talks: “Hi (players name), I’m Barry Smith, nice to meet you”

If there are better offers what are these players waiting on or it could be just Bull S so to make the Rovers bump an extra few quid on to there offer. Think agents are playing clubs against clubs at the moment. Can work against the players aswell waiting on a better deal that never happens then stuck in limbo

I’ll hazard a guess that it’s because we are the last chance saloon for full-time football and they are hanging out for a better offer.

Something along the lines of:

Agent: “what about Raith Rovers, they’ve made you an offer?”

Player: “hmmm...I’m sure something will turn up. Let’s just sleep on it.”

Agent: “It’s nearly July and there are no other offers.”

Player: “Please don’t make me go to Raith Rovers. Please...”

Agent: “It’s either them or you’re stacking shelves in Tesco and playing part-time for East Fife.”

Player: *sob* okay...okay! I’ve always wanted to play for Raith Rovers. Tell Barry I’ll sign...*sob*

Agent: There, there *hands player tissue*...there, there. It’ll be okay. On the off chance you manage to kick-start your career and anyone comes sniffing about to sign you, just tell the Rovers Board that you’ve always supported that team. Then give me a call.

Monday for signing(s) if you believe the boy on Fantalk that bumped into Smith at a petrol station. However not sure if ‘having new faces in on Monday’ means new signings or trialists coming into training.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Monday for signing(s) if you believe the boy on Fantalk that bumped into Smith at a petrol station. However not sure if ‘having new faces in on Monday’ means new signings or trialists coming into training.

ip1983583television-program.jpg?w=620&h=408&crop=1

Got to assume that Rory Brian isn’t staying, then.

I don’t blame him at all. He looked a very solid keeper in the few games he played last season so to watch Smith and Lennox flap at everything that came towards them and still be overlooked would have been very frustrating for him

Got to assume that Rory Brian isn’t staying, then.

Maybe a loan move away for 6months. From what I seen of him last season, he looked really good, and commanding at the back for being a young lad.

5 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I've just noticed that Annan Athletic have signed Chris Johnston, and already have Scott Roberts.

I thought you guys might find this entertaining. 

I'm more amazed Roberts managed to keep himself, somehow, in senior football. Useless, spineless shitehawks, the both of them. 

22 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

I've just noticed that Annan Athletic have signed Chris Johnston, and already have Scott Roberts.

I thought you guys might find this entertaining. 

Their careers went south ages ago, this now confirms it.

Ferrie looks very slight for a keeper but McCann has huge hopes for him going on to be our number one. Featured in our last game of the season vs Partick Thistle and got some minutes against Rangers against Ibrox. 

He's turned 20 now so desperately needs minutes. I'd imagine we'd be sending him out with the intention of him getting first team games. He's meant to be quality for the development team. I'd say it's a bigger risk for you guys than it is for him. I'd have thought you'd have went for Kyle Gourlay out of our 2 young keepers as he's had stints in league 1 and 2 with Airdrie and Clyde. 

That being said, in Ferrie's one main appearance, he pulled off a couple of cracking saves and Partick went out with the intention of putting the ball on top of him time and time again (in a post match interview he said he expected this) and dealt with it comfortably. 

Finally, you'll see online he's listed as near the 6ft mark, he doesn't look anything like that when you see him. The type of keeper that still looks like a young laddie.