The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’ve no feeling either way about any of the names mentioned tbh.

The only thing with Loy that bothers me wasn’t he a bit injury prone? Or am I thinking of someone else?

A full back is on a hiding to nothing if he's having a nightmare. At CB you can be bailed out by the other CB if youmake an error, but at full back you're on a hiding to nothing. 
Of course the nearest CB *could* cover for you, but then some very large gaps appear...
I think Watson still has a lot to learn and maybe isn't quite ready yet. Would definitely be more comfortable with a RB signing as well. 

We already have Davidson, Murray, Bene and McKay as players who are experienced at this level in defence. If we are going with a first team squad of 16, then I think we should concentrate on midfield and forward positions for our signings at this time.

The midfield is the area I’d be focusing on at this time. I’d also be looking at making sure two of the midfielders were sort of utility players.

18 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Either Barry Smith is talking utter shite here or he was fibbing massively when he said they were struggling to outbid part-time clubs.

Loy and Cardle especially would be great signings but none of the four would be cheap.

This. Generally speaking, managers love trying to make it out the world is against their club. 

Either Barry Smith is talking utter shite here or he was fibbing massively when he said they were struggling to outbid part-time clubs.
Loy and Cardle especially would be great signings but none of the four would be cheap.

Regardless of these cases we have been struggling to outbid part time clubs. Jason Thompson, amongst others, were offered contacts and signed for part time clubs.

Regardless of these cases we have been struggling to outbid part time clubs. Jason Thompson, amongst others, were offered contacts and signed for part time clubs.

I think that’s a different case, in that it involves a footballer with an education in another field who was already looking into the PT game.

In terms of what we’re offering wage wise compared to the part-time teams, I’d imagine it’s more.

Not necessarily significantly, but a club with 1500 fans is surely offering more than a club with around 1000?

Last season was really his chance with us and he didn't take it/never got a look in depending on who you ask. 

He was rightly released in my view. A physical presence, but didn't see much more than that from him when he played.