The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, The Moonster said:

I've never rated the guy.  A good indicator that my judgement is correct would be that he's recently uploaded a highlight reel of himself on Youtube.

You guys must be looking on in amusement. We look like we might be so much dross by the time the season starts.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

You guys must be looking on in amusement. We look like we might be so much dross by the time the season starts.

If Raith only sign 3 more players and 1 of them is Isaac Layne then yes, I will pish myself laughing and rub my hands with glee. I am how ever aware that we only have 7 players signed ourselves and that this period of football is known as the "silly season" for good reason. I highly doubt Raith will only sign 3 more or that Isaac Layne will impress enough to win a deal.

Remember last pre-season when nobody knew who Euan Murray was? 

Turned out no' bad. 

Some Rovers supporters need to get out of the habit of being permanently negative about the club. Aye, they make mistakes on and off the pitch and sometimes it feels like amateur hour, but underneath all of that we have a great wee club when things start to click together.

We're not in a great position just now league wise or financially but this is the bad that we take with the good. 

29 minutes ago, Raithie said:

126 senior appearances and 29 goals....we'd have been as well holding onto Court. Wondering if this is this mystery 4th striker that Smith was on about.

83 league appearances and 11 goals per Soccerbase.

Either way, someone like him would be a huge anti-climax. I'm optimistically predicting he's not the 4th forward we've been talking to though, because surely the likes of Layne isn't going  to get a better offer than us and as such would have already been signed by now. I can't believe he is waiting on a better offer elsewhere, more likely he's our emergency option.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Grrrr, I thought that Kev had specifically decided to get me back on board.

Regarding the prize draw, I wouldn't mind betting that it doesn't materialise.

The prize draw will be made at half time in the McGurn testimonial match.

And will be won by Dave Wann

On 10/06/2018 at 10:42, JAR said:

We need to make more signings asap & we need Rovers fans to start buying their season tickets so we can pay for them. John Sim is funding the physical upgrades to Starks Park but if we want a better team we have to fork out.

Why did you have to pick the username JAR? Why couldn't you have picked JARS instead?

Then we could all have called you HUGH.

:)

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Remember last pre-season when nobody knew who Euan Murray was? 

Turned out no' bad. 

Some Rovers supporters need to get out of the habit of being permanently negative about the club. Aye, they make mistakes on and off the pitch and sometimes it feels like amateur hour, but underneath all of that we have a great wee club when things start to click together.

We're not in a great position just now league wise or financially but this is the bad that we take with the good. 

Alternatively, you could stop dealing in birthday caird pish and hound your club officials for being incompetent; which is what big clubs who have won things do to bring about yet more success.