The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, Youngmcnaughtleigh said:

I have had a season ticket since 1963 and have not ever received a reminder or a thanks 

It was 10 shillings or 50p in " new" money unfortunately for Raith's finances it was a single card that could be thrown over the wall for pals to use.

The steward on the gate  at that time, Willie Brown was up to the trick and few got through

So despite all the moans and groans as if somethings new at Starks nothing has ever really changed so get over it support your team

I’ll be at every home game and most of the away games so there’s no real risk of me not supporting my team. Your logic on this seems to be it’s always been shit so that’s an excuse for it to continue to be shit. 

The club needs cash to build a squad. They need to sell season tickets. Who are most likely to buy season tickets? Folk who had one last year. If a significant number of people hadn’t yet renewed, f**k it if even just one person hadn’t renewed then it’s worth someone sitting down for 10 minutes to draft an email saying ‘Dear punter, please renew now to help us build our squad for the season ahead’. It’s brutally obvious. 

The fact that the club haven’t taken this simple step shows they either don’t give a shit or the whole operation is woefully inept. I fear it’s actually a mix of both.