The New Raith Rovers Thread

Supported the club for 35 years only had a season ticket for a few of these seasons as i work shifts so can't make every home game, but this is a business and the BOD and manager must be able to put a product on the park worth watching if not people in this day and age wont attend out of blind loyalty. So far we have been told we will have a first team of 16 plus youth, then days later the chairman stated we only need 3 more players which means a first team of 11 plus youth. Someone isn't telling us the truth and on that why would anyone buy a season ticket. 

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't understand this. Your club needs money in order to sign players, but you want to withhold money before seeing what team they put together?  

People are entitled to spend their money as they wish and I understand buying a season ticket isn't affordable for everyone, but I think any football fan who has the intention of attending all/most of the home matches should buy a season ticket if they can. It allows your club to get money in the bank and plan ahead, and if they sell well it may allow them to increase the budget.  Holding back money to see who signs is counter-productive at any club IMO. If everyone took that stance you'd see countless clubs go down the pan during off-season. The summer period is not an easy one to negotiate - you need to pay players even when you have no matches income streams, season ticket money helps with that cash flow. 

Did you notice a few pages back that Joe Carde may be heading to Rovers? He loves a goal against you lot. 

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you notice a few pages back that Joe Carde may be heading to Rovers? He loves a goal against you lot. 

I did notice both of those things, unfortunately. Here's hoping he does more coaching than playing when Dumbarton are in town.

The moment the board bottled out of sacking Smith was the moment that any hope of a quick uptake in season ticket sales vanished.

The season ticket price won't change between now and August and isn't valid for league cup games so at the moment there is no real incentive to buy one before August anyway.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I did notice both of those things, unfortunately. Here's hoping he does more coaching than playing when Dumbarton are in town.

United might loan Nicky Clark to Rovers once they realise he only scores against you lot and Brechin.

Mildly depressing that we weren't even tenuously linked to Ross Forbes. Exactly the type of player who we need in midfield with Robertson gone.  Smith really has to deliver in terms of adding to our squad here. Last season he signed two forwards and a defender in the Summer, before we sold Callachan and brought in Herron. We currently don't have any midfielder who can get on the ball and create. 

18 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Fact or your interpretation?

Do you really think there would be a panic to rush out early season tickets at that stage of the season in the  manner it was if the money wasnt  required there and then ? The club said that they were needing the cash due to shortfalls!  It doesn’t take a genius to work out that you cant  spend the same cash twice!

A couple of articles are now up on my website from last week's press call featuring Robbie Thomson and Kevin Cuthbert, which I conducted on behalf of RockSport Radio.

Robbie Thomson (Print)

Kevin Cuthbert (Audio) 

With pre-season training starting up on Thursday, it'll be interesting to see how it goes this week on the signing front. You'd think another couple of players, at least, would have joined prior to the players returning. 

This isn't a rumour, just a suggestion on my part: Jason Talbot?

I think he fits the bill of what you need; he will want to remain full-time, he has played and won this league before - while he is still more than good enough to play at this level. 

4 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

A couple of articles are now up on my website from last week's press call featuring Robbie Thomson and Kevin Cuthbert, which I conducted on behalf of RockSport Radio.

Robbie Thomson (Print)

Kevin Cuthbert (Audio) 

With pre-season training starting up on Thursday, it'll be interesting to see how it goes this week on the signing front. You'd think another couple of players, at least, would have joined prior to the players returning. 

This isn't a rumour, just a suggestion on my part: Jason Talbot?

I think he fits the bill of what you need; he will want to remain full-time, he has played and won this league before - while he is still more than good enough to play at this level. 

He's never massively stood out for me, but I'd happily take him as even though he's a dirty c**t, he's almost certainly an improvement of Kevin McHattie. In all honesty, if we kept Euan Murray at left back I'd not be upset in the slightest. 

42 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's never massively stood out for me, but I'd happily take him as even though he's a dirty c**t, he's almost certainly an improvement of Kevin McHattie. In all honesty, if we kept Euan Murray at left back I'd not be upset in the slightest. 

Give that he has crippled more Raith players than any other single opponent I can think of I'd be less than thrilled with this odious twat signing for us. On the other hand at least if he's with us he's not in opposition and continuing to cripple Raith men.........unless it was in training.

Mildly depressing that we weren't even tenuously linked to Ross Forbes. Exactly the type of player who we need in midfield with Robertson gone.  Smith really has to deliver in terms of adding to our squad here. Last season he signed two forwards and a defender in the Summer, before we sold Callachan and brought in Herron. We currently don't have any midfielder who can get on the ball and create. 

Hoofball 2: This time it’s personal.

...don’t forget to buy those season tickets.

Someone please just create a rumour to get me a little excited!

I hear we have tempted Veron out of retirement, Toni Calderon put a word in. We’re also close to announcing the signing of Usain Bolt. He’ll be the new Big Marv. A defensive rock with pace.

And of course, as I exclusively revealed, Ryan Conroy will be making a return to Stark’s Park.