The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

With regards to budget Robbie Thomson is quoted as saying the club "pushed the boat out a bit" to get him. Make of that what you will.

From this I'd take it that Robbie can't swim and Smiths decision to conduct signing talks in a rowing boat on the Bevie Park pond has definitely paid dividends.

We need to make more signings asap & we need Rovers fans to start buying their season tickets so we can pay for them. John Sim is funding the physical upgrades to Starks Park but if we want a better team we have to fork out.

We need to make more signings asap & we need Rovers fans to start buying their season tickets so we can pay for them. John Sim is funding the physical upgrades to Starks Park but if we want a better team we have to fork out.

Tantalise me. Who do we sign if I buy a season ticket?

£250 means I would have to drag my hole to 17 games to break even. That’s if the admission price remains at £15.

Crazily, I’m still considering it.

Slow uptake on season tickets after a failure of a season and then sticking with the manager responsible for that failure? Who’d of thunk it!?

It’s old ground on the manager and it won’t change now so no point going over it but I’d imagine it should be pretty obvious to the club season ticket sales will be comfortably down this season.

I’d also be very surprised if your post suddenly changed anyone’s mind into buying a season ticket. I will get one eventually, as I’m sure most on here will. But I’d class any football fan posting on a football forum amongst the ‘hardcore’. It’s the more casual fan who’s uptake will affect the numbers and budget more and those numbers will almost certainly be down due to the clubs decisions and performance on and off the field over the last couple of years. 

In danger of this becoming a rant but why don’t the club email/post out to all season ticket holders who haven’t renewed? A personal touch can go a long way. I’ve always thought there should be incentives for season ticket renewals instead of it being taken for granted also. Returning customers should receive some sort of reward even if it’s something as simple as £10 off your renewal or a discount for the club shop.

Slow uptake on season tickets after a failure of a season and then sticking with the manager responsible for that failure? Who’d of thunk it!?
It’s old ground on the manager and it won’t change now so no point going over it but I’d imagine it should be pretty obvious to the club season ticket sales will be comfortably down this season.
I’d also be very surprised if your post suddenly changed anyone’s mind into buying a season ticket. I will get one eventually, as I’m sure most on here will. But I’d class any football fan posting on a football forum amongst the ‘hardcore’. It’s the more casual fan who’s uptake will affect the numbers and budget more and those numbers will almost certainly be down due to the clubs decisions and performance on and off the field over the last couple of years. 
In danger of this becoming a rant but why don’t the club email/post out to all season ticket holders who haven’t renewed? A personal touch can go a long way. I’ve always thought there should be incentives for season ticket renewals instead of it being taken for granted also. Returning customers should receive some sort of reward even if it’s something as simple as £10 off your renewal or a discount for the club shop.

Taking cup games off the season ticket probably also has an effect on sales. It’s the main reason (that and being skint) I haven’t purchased one. Although by the look of it we’ll be playing the early cup games in Methil which is also a turn off.

Handing me a tenner back for the club shop wouldn’t do it for me. I want to get into every home game for nothing with a season ticket.

Taking cup games off will surely stop a lot of people getting them, i know 5 personally who are just paying at the gate this season now as there is zero incentive to buy a ticket in advance now. That said I imagine the club lose money on giving them away on a season book so something probably had to change.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The sale of the so called early bird season tickets wii have an obvious knock on affect to this  years budget as that money has obviously gone on last years bills  so we are well behind cash wise already with some of this season ticket money spent on last years budget

7 hours ago, spot on said:

The sale of the so called early bird season tickets wii have an obvious knock on affect to this  years budget as that money has obviously gone on last years bills  so we are well behind cash wise already with some of this season ticket money spent on last years budget

Fact or your interpretation?

I have had a season ticket for the last 7 or 8 years. I haven’t renewed yet but I’ve not received one single bit of communication from the club despite them having my address and email.  That side of the club is woefully inadequate. They just don’t understand the need to build a relationship with ‘customers’

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

I have had a season ticket for the last 7 or 8 years. I haven’t renewed yet but I’ve not received one single bit of communication from the club despite them having my address and email.  That side of the club is woefully inadequate. They just don’t understand the need to build a relationship with ‘customers’

Same here. At the moment I'm not planning to renew but it probably wouldn't take much to guilt trip me into doing so.

5 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

I have had a season ticket since 1963 and have not ever received a reminder or a thanks 

It was 10 shillings or 50p in " new" money unfortunately for Raith's finances it was a single card that could be thrown over the wall for pals to use.

The steward on the gate  at that time, Willie Brown was up to the trick and few got through

So despite all the moans and groans as if somethings new at Starks nothing has ever really changed so get over it support your team

Edited by Youngmcnaughtleigh
Added line

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Why would anyone renew a season ticket when we have no team yet capable of even competing this season never mind winning the league.

because you intend on going to games to support the team? That's certainly the basis on which I renew mine every season

12 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Why would anyone renew a season ticket when we have no team yet capable of even competing this season never mind winning the league.

I don't understand this. Your club needs money in order to sign players, but you want to withhold money before seeing what team they put together?  

People are entitled to spend their money as they wish and I understand buying a season ticket isn't affordable for everyone, but I think any football fan who has the intention of attending all/most of the home matches should buy a season ticket if they can. It allows your club to get money in the bank and plan ahead, and if they sell well it may allow them to increase the budget.  Holding back money to see who signs is counter-productive at any club IMO. If everyone took that stance you'd see countless clubs go down the pan during off-season. The summer period is not an easy one to negotiate - you need to pay players even when you have no matches income streams, season ticket money helps with that cash flow. 

So what happens if the club sign a few players you don't really like the look of or don't think are up to much? You don't buy 1 or don't go?
Plastic fan behaviour IMO.