The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Without any prompting from me a boy at my work mentioned the Cardle rumour. His source, Greig Spence.

Yeah - a mate sent me the same screenshot - Grieg Spence posted on a thread on Facebook last night

"super joe back to Raith in a player coaching role aswell not announced yet though"

My mate did ask me if I had heard anything, or was it just Spence nosing up the pars fans. Time will tell!

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Think he'd be really good addition if it were remotely true.

Agreed. You'll get the usual folk saying he's pish purely on the back of his last stint at us and that he's a Townie hoor but at League 1 level you'd like to think he'd be a decent addition. 

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Agreed. You'll get the usual folk saying he's pish purely on the back of his last stint at us and that he's a Townie hoor but at League 1 level you'd like to think he'd be a decent addition. 

Yeah, thought he was good at holding onto the ball, and having something who can, or even prefers to cut inside would be good if we end up with a central midfield long on athleticism and short on quality, as well as giving us the narrow through ball which guys like Buchanan are more likely to thrive on than the byline cross ball that Barr delivered so much of last year. Decent shot on the lad as well.

probably won't happen, obviously.

Edited by renton

Interesting listening to the chairmens interview that he thinks we're 3 players away from a full team. Cat has said we're after another keeper and Smith has said we're after another striker. We really aren't playing with a midfield next season are we?

He also said Robertson was wanting to go pt so can't see him signing on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Not listened to the interview but surely he means we are 3 players away from a team i.e 11 players? Not including the youngsters promoted we have 8 senior players signed up for next season so that would make sense.

Sure there will be more signings on top of that as is already indicated with talks for another keeper and striker. 

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Interesting listening to the chairmens interview that he thinks we're 3 players away from a full team. Cat has said we're after another keeper and Smith has said we're after another striker. We really aren't playing with a midfield next season are we?

He also said Robertson was wanting to go pt so can't see him signing on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

If he honestly thinks that then we're fucked.

Yeah that is a bit worrisome. 3 new players + 2 loan players might just be enough I’d have thought. Think we can assume from that we’ll be seeing a lot more of last season’s development side.