The New Raith Rovers Thread

Getting rid of Vaughan is a risk for you guys but if the fee allows 2/3 solid league one signings then I think it's the best move, especially if the budget rumours are to be believed. Some rebuild you guys have on your hands.

I don't think Vaughan would cope in the Prem, so Ross County would be the better move for him if he does leave. 

Of course, we'd still get a derisory fee owing to the board not standing in his way because his Great Uncle thrice removed once visited Dingwall and formed a symbolic attachment with the club. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I notice a Ross County fan over on the Livi thread saying he heard Vaughan to County was pretty much a done deal.

Either way it looks like his departure is imminent. 

Where's that Hibs fan when you need him?

Just now, Michael W said:

I don't think Vaughan would cope in the Prem, so Ross County would be the better move for him if he does leave. 

Of course, we'd still get a derisory fee owing to the board not standing in his way because his Great Uncle thrice removed once visited Dingwall and formed a symbolic attachment with the club. 

What's the bet there is a non promotion release clause in that contract he signed.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This is more like it. Some hope to cling to.

And in six months from now we'll learn who it was we nearly signed, as Buchanan draws another blank :lol:

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Take whatever his development fee would be and divide it by 3 and that will be the fee in his release clause.

Depends who wrote the contract up, there is every chance we might have to pay his new club money as well :lol:

If we seriously can't afford to be offering more money than part time sides then the club needs changed. We will probably have at least double the home gate compared to every other side in the league and have a catchment area far greater as well which means we should be able to generate more income on the commercial side of things.

As for Vaughan I have no doubt the club will have agreed to some ridiculous clause in his contract that means we get virtually nothing.

I can't believe the way our club is run at times.

I think it is telling that Jason Thomson will apparently earn more from working for DPD than he would have had he signed on again for us. When you add in his PT Arbroath wage it really is a no brainer. If we are at the stage where we are basically offering not much more than PT wages but exepcting the players to put in the hours of a FT player the baw is burst as they say. Who in their right mind is going accept a contract along those lines?
This was is for the past 2 seasons. Now we have reverted back to part time with some full time apprentices and youth players we are attracting some decent players again.

I seriously think Raith would be better going part time and paying the best part time wages! Can't be easy being ft at this level and trying to get guys to come in ft and pay them a really good wage to make up for them not having a day job alongside a part time football wage. I'd imagine some of the players at this level will be making a good living juggling their day job with playing football.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I get the feeling the name of the second, as yet unnamed, striker who we are discussing terms with will do a bit more to lift spirits on here.

Ahh the old Gregory Tade rumour gets dusted off for another summer...