The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, piebob said:

Listened to this earlier. Great podcast and some very interesting insight into his time here. Seems like he as poorly treated when he left, which is a shame, as he was a good player for us. 

Agree with this. All the directors from that point bar one is gone. It'd be interesting to hear who it was that was talking bollocks. 

Grant comes across brilliantly though. He comes across as a guy who was happy with the opportunity that he got at the club and grateful he got so many memories. His descriptions of the Hibs and Rangers games are excellent. 

41 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Grant comes across brilliantly though. He comes across as a guy who was happy with the opportunity that he got at the club and grateful he got so many memories. His descriptions of the Hibs and Rangers games are excellent. 

That's been one of my favourite parts of any podcast I've done - I loved his memories from the Challenge Cup final. Loved the way he broke down the split second between Greig Spence's shot hitting the 'keeper and John Baird following up and scoring.

Cool guy too.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

I just can't see how we'd manage to bring in the amount of players needed (loans or otherwise) to bolster the squad to 16 that doesn't include the Development players. It would mean having a starting 11 and full bench with no youth player in sight. Time will tell I suppose.

I can see what you mean, and I’m not convinced we’ll get this full 16 either (for starters how can Smith possibly know? Maybe someone will want more/less money than the average) but including the development team, we currently have 16 players under contract with terms offered to two more.

So the only conclusion we can reach is that the likes of Berry, Watson and Stevenson are not included. I suspect McKay and Brian probably are.

Bear in mind we’re running a reserve team too. You can’t do that on sixteen players. Let’s not panic, let’s leave that til Berwick scud us in July.

I have posted this another thread but I think it might get a decent pop in here:

I recorded a podcast with Grant Anderson earlier in the week. In this second part, he talks about his four years at Raith Rovers, and there's a lot of neat stuff in here.

CLICK

Enjoyed that. I was always a big fan of Grant Anderson and he’s always seemed like a great guy too. I’d happily have him back but maybe based on his Stranraer performances it’s more the sentiment than anything. He touches on the play off game at Easter Road, I remember us bringing on our third and final sub (I think it was Mark Stewart) and Anderson who was warming up in front of the Rovers fans blootered the corner flag with frustration on his way back to the bench. Sad way for it to end with a genuinely likeable player.

Interesting to listen to him speaking about the unnamed director (100% Eric Drysdale) who effectively dodged his calls, promised him a contract when put on the spot and then didn’t back it up. He takes plenty flak on here for his high profile decisions but that sort of thing is probably unknown. What a w****r.

I have posted this another thread but I think it might get a decent pop in here:
I recorded a podcast with Grant Anderson earlier in the week. In this second part, he talks about his four years at Raith Rovers, and there's a lot of neat stuff in here.
CLICK
Really enjoyed that thanks for sharing it in this thread.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That's been one of my favourite parts of any podcast I've done - I loved his memories from the Challenge Cup final. Loved the way he broke down the split second between Greig Spence's shot hitting the 'keeper and John Baird following up and scoring.

Cool guy too.

Thanks for sharing! Really good listen and some great stories. Shame he was treated so poorly on his way out of Raith by our arsehole directors, really liked Grant when he was with us. That goal at Hibs, oaft. 

Football at a professional level should be played on grass.

I have visited Starks a number of times and it was clear that the pitch was not in great shape. A few seasons back there seemed to be more sand than grass. Plus I remember a few years back Rovers having a really bad run of postponements which equalled no cash turnover for the club as a business.

22 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

I have visited Starks a number of times and it was clear that the pitch was not in great shape. A few seasons back there seemed to be more sand than grass. Plus I remember a few years back Rovers having a really bad run of postponements which equalled no cash turnover for the club as a business.

Personally, I'm all for the plastic pitch myself. The board are saying it'll be one of the best, if not the best, in Scotland and they're not holding back with any costs. It'll generate revenue, and we'll sort out the problem in that drainage won't be an issue. Ironically, even on the Pele Podcast released today Grant Anderson said the pitch was definitely a limiting factor for the players and their ability to play football, usually towards the railway stand side. 

42 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

Ask penman why