The New Raith Rovers Thread

It’s a shame how Goodwillie’s career has gone down the toilet but I suppose he only has himself to blame.

I have few principles myself so if Goodwillie signed for us again I’d still go to the Rovers and just hope he was a success.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Has Jobbie McCall got principles? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Goodwillie ended up at Ayr United.

No idea but he has a budget to stick to, he will not be signing another striker in this window.

1 hour ago, Caskie Rover said:

Heard Goodwillie is on his way back, he obviously has some baggage, but for me I’d welcome him back, should be playing at a much higher level

You can't beat the close season for the rumour mill throwing up crazy rumours. I mean, mind the season before last when it was rumoured Gary Locke was about to be appointed? How we laughed.

Seriously though, the club should not be even considering Goodwillie.

Probably not worth the hassle. I’m not an ‘I won’t be back!’ bedwetter but this would be very poor PR and they guy is very clearly a complete bam regardless of the rape stuff. He’d probably get us 15+ goals though and if Vaughan is away I could see why a manager with a very short term objective would think about it but it’s not worth the negative attention.

Along with “the baggage” he’s a fucking arsehole of a human anyway. Not welcome.

On to a more realistic rumour, we need a new keeper, Buffon is leaving Juve... Bazza make it happen haha

A lot of folk on this forum have obviously never pumped a drunken bird after a night out before! Probably says more about them than it does about Goodwillie.

These kind of comments can get right in the bin.

Considering we’ve barely got two coppers to scrape together, I’m not sure how we’d manage to pay a transfer fee to Clyde, so I’m presuming the rumour is guff.

What is mortifying, is the amount of comments from folk who’d be fine with taking him.

As for the, ‘he hasn’t committed a crime’ brigade, I’d point you in the direction of Lord Armstrong’s findings on the case, which make for pretty bleak reading in regards to his behaviour that night. They’re online if you ever fancy a look.

I certainly wouldn’t be back if we brought him onboard.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad said:

If Goodwillie came to Ayr and started scoring a bucket load of goals then I couldn’t give a f**k what he did in his past.

Never thought I'd agree with an Ayr for nor hear one actually talk sense...

It was not proven in court, some guy writing his findings on the case means nothing. If he bangs goals in and takes us back to the Championship I really couldn't care less.