The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

If we were ever going to move I thought the big empty space on Narin Street would be idea. Its close to the train station and town and would hopefully be big enough to build a decent stadium with facilites etc.

https://www.ryden.co.uk/commercial-property/fife/2930?back=/search%3F%26submit%3DSEARCH%26no_results%3D10%26sort%3Dprice_high%26location%3Dkirkcaldy%26pg%3D1

I agree with @Beachbum, also we wouldn't want to be hamstrung by Network Rail being so close to the railway, dealing with them is a nightmare.

7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Again it's pie in the sky but if we were able to build a new main stand it would be a nice enough ground. It's also a shame the home end of the railway stand won't be opened up used to love sitting there.

Agreed. The railway stand was my favourite part of Stark's Park. Criminal that it was closed.

I wouldn't get too worried, it'll never happen.
I partly agree with you but it's pretty much the way of the modern football world, look at Aberdeen building a new stadium at Kingswells to the west of the city.
Stirlings Forthbank and St Johnstones McD park are as soulless as it gets but would you say StMirren or Falkirk's souless too?
The thing is Starks Park is already on the edges of the town as it is, if you live up the Gallatown (I do and I walk it 2.5 miles both ways every home game) or in Dysart it's almost as far away as it could be in Kirkcaldy and if you are coming from Glenrothes it certainly is. We refer the High St as the town centre but it's only that figuratively speaking. Population wise most of Kdy's residents live well over a mile from the stadium. If we were to move it could be as much a walk to the ground from the bust station as it could potentially be to just about any other point on the outskirts from existing bus routes.
Modern Stadia need space with room for hospitality, parking and training facilities and thats rarely available in the town. I'm a traditionalist at heart and would love to stay put but I recognise the financial need for change and so my own preference would now be for a Falkirk style stadium at the Randolph road between the Redhouse roundabout, Standing Stane Rd.  At some future point I think the boundaries of Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes eventually will blur and merge and then you could have a community stadium complex still in the middle of things.  There's 50,000 in Kdy and 40,000 in G'rothes we really should be tapping that resource better, attracting a mere 3.5% of that would give us a home support of 4,000.  Transport wise the Randolph would good for road links and theres's a railway station at Thornton and continued rumblings of a 2nd Kirkcaldy station between Dysart and Sinclairtown.
Like I say though a new stadium will never happen though unless one of us wins big on the Euro lottery.

I like Forthbank. Stands along the correct sides of the pitch and terracing behind the goals. Perfect. Falkirk’s ground is good too. But they are both a bit far away from anywhere. I hate the location of St Johnstone’s ground.

I wouldn't get too worried, it'll never happen.
I partly agree with you but it's pretty much the way of the modern football world, look at Aberdeen building a new stadium at Kingswells to the west of the city.
Stirlings Forthbank and St Johnstones McD park are as soulless as it gets but would you say StMirren or Falkirk's souless too?
The thing is Starks Park is already on the edges of the town as it is, if you live up the Gallatown (I do and I walk it 2.5 miles both ways every home game) or in Dysart it's almost as far away as it could be in Kirkcaldy and if you are coming from Glenrothes it certainly is. We refer the High St as the town centre but it's only that figuratively speaking. Population wise most of Kdy's residents live well over a mile from the stadium. If we were to move it could be as much a walk to the ground from the bust station as it could potentially be to just about any other point on the outskirts from existing bus routes.
Modern Stadia need space with room for hospitality, parking and training facilities and thats rarely available in the town. I'm a traditionalist at heart and would love to stay put but I recognise the financial need for change and so my own preference would now be for a Falkirk style stadium at the Randolph road between the Redhouse roundabout, Standing Stane Rd.  At some future point I think the boundaries of Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes eventually will blur and merge and then you could have a community stadium complex still in the middle of things.  There's 50,000 in Kdy and 40,000 in G'rothes we really should be tapping that resource better, attracting a mere 3.5% of that would give us a home support of 4,000.  Transport wise the Randolph would good for road links and theres's a railway station at Thornton and continued rumblings of a 2nd Kirkcaldy station between Dysart and Sinclairtown.
Like I say though a new stadium will never happen though unless one of us wins big on the Euro lottery.

I like all of that. Are the North and South stands not meant to be 'transportable'? I just wonder if Sims big plan might be to eventually shorten those stands and create more space that way.

9 minutes ago, Starks Park Kdy said:

I think it would be good if we could half the height of stands behind the goals and reopen the railway stand, one problem with the key tec stand is that it is lower than the railway stand.

Easier said than done.

images.jpg

I love this thread. 3 weeks ago we were tactically astute football coaches that knew exactly what was needed to win the league, last week we were all board members and experts in running football clubs and now we're all architects and stadia building gurus.

This is going to be a great summer/pre season.