The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

he has left hibs  he is a free agent , he wil not be short of offers , Ayr fans also rate him ...

Doesn't surprise me. With ourselves we should angle for a two year deal and say "we'll no' stand in yer way" if a good offer comes in. Christ, at this rate we'll probably give Ayr the chance to take him before us as we can't stand in his way.  

Doesn't surprise me. With ourselves we should angle for a two year deal and say "we'll no' stand in yer way" if a good offer comes in. Christ, at this rate we'll probably give Ayr the chance to take him before us as we can't stand in his way.  

Crane has ALREADY signed a pre-contract (for 2 years) with Livingston, signed it in March this year. So going nowhere else.

Crane has ALREADY signed a pre-contract (for 2 years) with Livingston, signed it in March this year. So going nowhere else.
Pre-contracts mean f**k all really. However there is no chance we'd be able to compete with Livingston for a player. Oh how times have changed...

7 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:
1 hour ago, Daysgoneby said:

Pre-contracts mean f**k all really. However there is no chance we'd be able to compete with Livingston for a player. Oh how times have changed...

I recall a few years ago a player whom I cant remember his name, signed a PCA with Livingston then turned up at Starks Park to play for us.

Not read the last few pages so the point may already be made but there is a very consistent theme coming from the players released. Lots of players taking thinly veiled shots.

Unfair treatment, limited opportunities etc. Could be frustration at being released but it certainly doesn’t sound like it was a very happy camp.

6 minutes ago, mojito said:

Not read the last few pages so the point may already be made but there is a very consistent theme coming from the players released. Lots of players taking thinly veiled shots.

Unfair treatment, limited opportunities etc. Could be frustration at being released but it certainly doesn’t sound like it was a very happy camp.

What do you expect them to say, yeah I was pish and never took my chances ?

Remember these guys need to convince the next club they are a worthwhile signing.

Court is 22 been with us for 4 years, I don’t see how long you can throw wages at a player and wait for a response.

3 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:
4 hours ago, Daysgoneby said:

Only 12 months ago we managed to prise a prolific goalscorer from Livingston's grasp...

Just now, T-zero said:

Does court live local? Been decent the few times I have seen him

I think he's from the Edinburgh area. If you're losing Duggan he might do a job for you. There is a lot to be said for signing guys with a point to prove.

Probably just like most teams. The manager had favourites and is biased towards them no matter their form. He also has players who he doesn’t fancy. There will be players who are friendlier with some players than others. Typical football team/squad.

Spence was saying it was one of the best dressing rooms he’s been in.

From an outside point of view, whenever I saw them up at the Michael Woods Centre they always looked a happy enough squad.